No announcement yet.

So, 1.4 Beta 3 soon? (1.1.2959-791.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, 1.4 Beta 3 soon? (1.1.2959-791.0)

Final BF2 patch will not be out until two weeks prior to the release of BF2142. Mark it down. If the theory is correct, then BF2 has just been a big old live BETA for BF2142 all along. Do some digging, put together a timeline of the two games and then wait and see.........

Comment

Cool, I hope the fact that I have over 600 hours testing BF2 means I'll get into the Beta for BF2142

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
        @Dangerdog you dont want an unfinnished patch ive seen UAV'S fall out of the sky on IO servers its freaky as hell when it happens.

Originally posted by pYura
        Falling UAV? That must be a joke... what else is going to come... exploding med packs?!
        I saw that exact same thing in a Beta 2 1.4 server lately. Also every so often I would see the message (artillery) DakotaDoc64. And this was an IO/No Armor Beta 1.4 v2 server, and they have no artillery. I really think one of the other players was trying to get a hack to work on a Beta 1.4 server. My guess based off the strange things going on. This was the only time it happed, that day on that server. All other days there were no strange happenings like this.

As I was not the admin I could not figure out who was doing this. I tried as much as I could as a player. Nearly got a second purple heart from all the deaths. I wondered around following players and watching their actions. I was looking for someone that appeared to be idle, like in a commander screen but not currently the commander.

I gave up, told whomever trying, rather unsuccefully to get the hack to work, how lame I thought their actions where and left the game.

IMO it is not a bug, but rather actions of one or more script kiddies.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaDoc64
          I saw that exact same thing in a Beta 2 1.4 server lately. Also every so often I would see the message (artillery) DakotaDoc64. And this was an IO/No Armor Beta 1.4 v2 server, and they have no artillery.
          The whole [artillery]playername bug has been around for a long time. Does it with [Teamkill]playername too.

Comment

Originally posted by HisChadness
            The whole [artillery]playername bug has been around for a long time. Does it with [Teamkill]playername too.

Yes, true, but are you sure those where bugs too. This is not a bug. I have reason to believe this. Before and now.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
              The latest patch was almost half a gig of data, code, etc. not intended initially to be in the game. What else would it make you do but lag and crash to desktop, etc? The 1.3 patch is like a third the size of the original game itself if not more.
              These are replacement packages, easier to replace a whole zip file (that has only one file change) that to deliver only the change and try and extract the zip, replace the file, rezip etc.......less of a headache all round......

Comment

@DakotaDoc64 ive seen that falling uav thing a good couple of times now it happend on wake a day before i took that screen shot there were 2 uav in the water near bottom left chinese flag and one somewere else on the island.

because the image got removed ill post it again.

Comment

and theres a bug/glitch where it shows a random distance marker in the ground idk wth thats all about though....

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerdog
                    You know I would like a final patch, even if it's not perfect - just to stop the server crash issue. It would sort of rub against the idea of testing a patch before releasing it though, how could they be sure it wouldn't end up being a complete fiasco of a release without even so much as a days worth of pre-release testing.
                    I agree, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this may be the last patch because they are focusing on BF2142.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
                      and theres a bug/glitch where it shows a random distance marker in the ground idk wth thats all about though....
                      I think it's in the exact center of the map or something...I've always seen it on Wake in the middle of the bay and Karkand, under the hotel.

Comment

I was hoping for at least another beta patch today to see things move along, guess it's not ready for release yet.

Comment

I want 1.4 soon so I can play Jalalabad finally. I played the patch for a little bit but it was one US Jalalabad server with autobalance off...not too fun.

Comment

Actually I wouldn't mind having falling UAVs, that would be more realistic since that's what they would if they ran out of fuel.

Comment

woooho - the next Version - i hope this friday is patchday ---.....PLEASE DICE!!!

i hate 1.3 !!!

Comment

Yep, 4 servers up running the latest version.

For what it's worth my guess is that there won't be a public beta3 release (just internal testing) and a patch release next Tuesday or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X