X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local server creating problem.

Ok i send EA this message.

Dear EA,

Me and my friend are in a and we dont have a server yet, so we wanted to start a local server so we could get our clan together.

I go to make a local server, i put my firewall down and then go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2, then i use the icon "BF2ServerLauncher". I make all my settings( i make sure the box is cheaked so the server goes on the internt) and then i start the server and tell me clan guys the ip adress. They go to join local, and they get the message " you have failed to connect". It does the same thing even if i use the ingame local maker.Or if they go to connect to a mulit player game and enter the IP.

If you guys could help me out here....i have a good PC and fast internet.

BF2,EA,Dice Fan
    JAW

EA sent me this

Hello Jaw,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Battlefield 2. However we do not offer any assistance with the dedicated servers. Our support only covers the retail PC release of the game only. I'd recommend asking for assistance on the EA forums or checking with www.planetbattlefield.com.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Paolo R.
    EA Technical Support

OK now does anyone have a REAL awnser to help me out here???

Re: Local server creating problem.

hey...i'll have a go....

first off if your freinds are trying to join via the internet you dont want to make a local game....

download the latest 1.3 server launcher.... and tick the internet box like you did then go on www.ipchicken.com and find out your external ip.... make them connect to this ip and not your 192.168.xx.xxx one....

if this doesnt work then you will have to allow the ports on your router....

hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Gretsch Drummer
      hey...i'll have a go....

first off if your freinds are trying to join via the internet you dont want to make a local game....

download the latest 1.3 server launcher.... and tick the internet box like you did then go on www.ipchicken.com and find out your external ip.... make them connect to this ip and not your 192.168.xx.xxx one....

if this doesnt work then you will have to allow the ports on your router....

hope this helps
      Were do i get the 1.3 server lanch? did that come with 1.3 right? and Thanks.

Comment

If you are wanting to join as well (this is the way I do it), open BF2 normally and go to create a multiplayer game. If you do it this way you can use the console commands to control the server. For example some of the commands you can use are:

- admin.runNextLevel
        Forces the server to end the round and start the next map in the map list.

- admin.restartMap
        Restarts the current map.

All of them are listed here https://<br /> http://www.bf2tracke...?action=server

If you run the dedicated server on your own machine and start your client up as well its gonna seriously effect your performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
          If you are wanting to join as well (this is the way I do it), open BF2 normally and go to create a multiplayer game. If you do it this way you can use the console commands to control the server. For example some of the commands you can use are:

- admin.runNextLevel
          Forces the server to end the round and start the next map in the map list.

- admin.restartMap
          Restarts the current map.

All of them are listed here
          http://www.bf2tracker.com/bf2_gameinfo.php?action=server

If you run the dedicated server on your own machine and start your client up as well its gonna seriously effect your performance.
          Thanks so were do i enter those commands> in the command promp with the ~ key? And your link does not work, i get a page is not avalible.

Thanks for all your help, unlike EA

P.S is thare any way i can give more than one person admin on locals? Or can i only have admin

EDIT: notning works but admin commands, i still can get other peps to join

Comment

Working...
          X