Installation Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Query

Okay, so here's the deal: I've got 2 hard drives. One 80Gb Western Digital which is my "C:\" drive, with the OS (Win XP Pro Genuine), and a 250Gb Western Digital drive, which is my "F:\" drive. I have BF2 installed here, and it runs fine for 4 minutes, before I'm disconnected with an error by PunkBuster of "Corrupt Memory". I've tried submitting a ticket to EA, but their page takes about 5 minutes to load on my 10mb/s connection, then keeps prompting me to enter the game and platform - even though I have.

Anyway, I figured I would uninstall it - but I haven't yet, because I have an important question. How do I patch it on the "F:\" drive? Because everytime, for example, you run 1.3 patch, or SF patch when installed SF, it automatically goes into patching. Also, could the error be because I am running it from the "F:\" drive?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Installation Query

If you have a problem with Punkbuster why didn't you sumbit a ticket to Punkbuster rather than EA who can't help you?

BTW, Punkbuster released a hotfix last night for users with problems.

Solution (I think!) :

Run regedit

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\Curr entVersion

Do not expand CurrentVersion node, just highlight it.
    Find ProgramFilesDir variable in the window on the right side of the screen.
    It will point to your program files directory (usually "C:\Program Files").

Change that path to folder on a drive that has enough space to patch BF2. Close regedit (this will save changes) and run the patch. After the patching is finished open regedit again and restore the previous value to the ProgramFilesDir (don't forget to do it - your system may become unstable if you won't).

Comment

Re: Installation Query

.. Any ideas that don't involve potentially ****ing my PC up the ***?

Comment

Working...
      X