EA Downloader problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Downloader problem

this isnt about bf2 directly.. this is an error concerning the EA downloader.

I installed the ea downloader off the website, installed it and everything was looking good. when i launched it, i got this error

i press retry and it crashes i press ignore and it brings this up... completely black and when i press exit it crashes and gives you that stupid windows end task thing

and abort just closes it.

please help me, i reviewed the core.exe problem in the FAQ but it didnt help.

all i want to do is install my special forces, euro force, and armoured fury for bf2, so if there is another way without using the EA Downloader let me know, also let me know if there isnt.

Re: EA Downloader problem

have u tried unistalling it, then RE-downloading EA downloader?

Comment

Are you running Windows XP (I guess you are from the background shot)
      Running IE version 6 ?

Comment

A search using "core.exe" (with the "") would give you the answer.

Here is what is posted in the EF FAQ:
        Internet Explorer 7 - Core.exe Issues

The EA downloader does not work with Internet Explorer 7 beta.

In order to use the downloader you will need to revert your IE version to the standard 6. It may occur that you will also have to revert your activex setting. In order to revert your IE7 to IE 6:

1. Select Start and then select Control Panel.
        2. Select Add or Remove Programs.
        3. Tick Show Updates at the top right of the window.
        4. Locate Windows XP – Software Updates then select Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview then select Change/Remove.

After reverting to IE6, if you still see the error, you may need to revert your IE and ActiveX settings to default:

1. Open Internet Explorer
        2. Select Tools then Internet Options
        3. Set Security and Privacy to default.

This should undo any configuration changes made my IE7.
        Did you check each info line in the core error list at EA?

I ask, cause I cannot see anything other than the EA login window using your link.

How about some system specs, especially what OS and what version of IE are you using.

Comment

Working...
        X