need some help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help...

i want to make a mod of the game with mainly weapon/vehicle modifications (like damage and what not) for me and my friend to play with cooperatively. ive managed to do this and have everything working fine for me on single player but when he connects he gets disconnected with a "ghost manager" error after the level loads. i was basically just editing the objects_server.zip file and i was wondering how i would go about making a mod of just those basic things that me and him could play together on without being disconnected? any help would be appreciated

Re: need some help...

did you make your own mod folder? if not go under C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods (that's the default installation) and create a new folder (name it whatever you like) then copy the contents of "bf2" to the folder you just made. Make any changes to the game in the folder you just made. To create a shortcut to play your mod take the Battlefield 2 shortcut, right-click, click "properties", under the "shortcut" tab in "target:" type/paste

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +modPath mods/FOLDERNAME +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

replace FOLDERNAME with whatever you named your mod folder (the one you created). Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: need some help...

well the thing is id like to keep the file size down so i could send it to him over the internet. he has no idea how any of this stuff works, so having him edit things is out of the question. is there a way that i can create a minimum amount of folders/files to compress and send to him that would get the same job done without the 1+gig file size? i have tried just copying everything over and then sending HIM a copy of the objects_server.zip but im not sure if that would work since we havent tested it yet. im thinking that you have to change the objects_client.zip to make it work properly and the reason the errors occur is because of the mismatched values in my objects_server as opposed to his objects_client. the problem with that is that the objects_client.zip file is about 650 megs or whatever and im not sending that to anyone over the internet. ive downloaded a few small mods that just changed weapons values etc like the unlocks mod and that one is barely over 13 megabytes. i know theres a way to make the mod load the default objects from the bf2 mod directory and then overwrite those values with the ones in the new mod directory but i have no idea how this is done. i guess thats what im asking for? if the above help does in fact work thank you but im assuming ( ) its not going to because i dont see anything different there than what we were already doing; besides having a different folder to load data from.

Comment

Working...
      X