Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you mostly look for in a Bf2 movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you mostly look for in a Bf2 movie?

well for me i look for story line and music, i think music should be about from 25% to 35% in your movie, its really boring watching a bf2 movie with no music, put some at least. And as for story line thats very important to. Well thats just what i mostly look for, how bout you?

Re: What do you mostly look for in a Bf2 movie?

first i look at quality/graphics. if its like low fps and looks terrible, i prob dont want to see it and wat usually keeps me watching is the awesome graphics that i could have if i upgraded my computer

Comment

Damn you for making this as difficult as possible!

Yes to make a good movie requires this that and the other to be great but... to have the option of only voting for one, it's unfair!

I'm not going to go for that light hearted approach and say I vote for all options, so I vote for Storyline as most important; You can have good editing, good music - but without story, it would just be a frag movie...

In retrospect, the percentages are all about 3:3 except for voice acting, because when you think of it. Voice acting can make a movie by itself... i.e. "The Pwned Life". So then it would be about 80% voice importance.
      But then see, it all depends on what movie your doing... so it's all rather conflicting.

What I'm most interested in, is if this is one more of your stages in development, Dsp-CS? because you’ve been around the forums for help, asking a wide range of questions (and now a survey) for some time now.

Comment

All of those options.

Comment

Very tough choices there.. they are all very important.
          I would say music is the least though, since it is hard to get the perfect soundtrack you want for a video. As long as it seems to go togeather, then its fine.

Voice acting is good, but you can create a video without voice acting. But if you do have voice acting, the quality of it should be above decent if you want it to succeed. And poor acting COULD ruin the movie, but not as much as some of the other factors.

Editing skills/ effects is a big one. You want good editing if you want viewers to continue to be in suspense and whatnot. If you dont know how to cut correctly for a video (too many cuts for a boring scene, or not enough cuts for an action scene, as well as finding a balance between them), then its not going to do so well. Effects are really optional if you have excellent editing skills. You really dont see professional movie's using all sorts of random effects. Visual effects are nice however, they can add a good touch of uniqueness to the video. Just dont overdo them.

Storyline is a big thing and i will have to say it earns my vote. If you dont have enough will to finish a 5, 10 or even 15 min movie, then it probibly does not have a good enough storyline to draw the viewer in. Knowing a bit about the video beforehand, like a summary of the video, can either draw the viewer into download it, or completley the opposite.

You going to want a good unique storyline followed by above usual editing skills coupled with decently good acting, suited music and a splash of visual effects to make the video come to life.. Now of course you are not limited to excelling in one aspect..

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. XaliaS
            Damn you for making this as difficult as possible!

Yes to make a good movie requires this that and the other to be great but... to have the option of only voting for one, it's unfair!

I'm not going to go for that light hearted approach and say I vote for all options, so I vote for Storyline as most important; You can have good editing, good music - but without story, it would just be a frag movie...

In retrospect, the percentages are all about 3:3 except for voice acting, because when you think of it. Voice acting can make a movie by itself... i.e. "The Pwned Life". So then it would be about 80% voice importance.
            But then see, it all depends on what movie your doing... so it's all rather conflicting.

What I'm most interested in, is if this is one more of your stages in development, Dsp-CS? because you’ve been around the forums for help, asking a wide range of questions (and now a survey) for some time now.

yea i try not to annoy people, but a while ago i was interested in making movies, but i wouldnt know that it would be hard, but yea you are almost right, i do want to make a good movie, and for that, i require information, once in a while i see a video that i liked and i asked a few questions about it or when i have a problem with my Program i ask. if you are interested, ill tell you i do have a movie in mind, ive been thinking on it for quite some time, when on my free time. I have everything ready exept for people and a server, and i messed up my mic so i guess ill have to get a new one

Comment

I voted for editting skills but all the elements mentioned are important.

It seems like movies that caught my eye did so with good scene cuts and action flow within the framework of the music.

I'm only getting started myself and have not done anything with voice acting...yet I'm still learning to use the tools (Primarily Adobe Premiere)

Comment

I like a good story.

Comment

something that has never been done before, like the babby in iraq movie.

Comment

Realistic, since non is found in a regular BF2 round.

Comment

Working...
                    X