FRAPS help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRAPS help

Lo all, I really hope you can help me with this problem because it's really p*ssing me off!

Ok, the scenario is this: I'm in a game of BF2, with fraps running in the backgound and ventrilo or teamspeak running as well. I have a friend on vent who I am talking to. I start fraps recording ingame, and then suddently vent will decide it's sound input will change from the microphone to "what you here". So basically my mate will hear everything I can hear, ingame sound, his voice etc.

How do I make fraps record "what you hear" and make vent use my microphone only?

PS. This all worked perfectly as I want it to a few weeks ago, then I stopped using fraps for a bit, and now when I go to use it I get the problem above. I have NO idea what I could have changed between now and then to cause things to not work.

Re: FRAPS help

Nothing changed. Windows only allows one input at a time. What I did is set F11 and F12 to "mute sound" and "mute mic" accordingly in Vent. When I go to record with Fraps (hotkey F8), I'll hit F11 and F12 so they don't get recorded, and they don't hear what I'm recording. If I want them recorded, I won't hit F11.

Comment

Hmm, but I swear I had it working before. I must be mistaken.

The idea is I want to play normally with my mates, chatting on Vent etc, but be able to record the whole round as well. Oh well.

What I could do I guess is set Vent to only transmit when I press a button. If I enable the microphone in "playback" then when recording, if I hold down the button to speak, they will hear me (and all the other sounds coming from my comp at the time) but at least they wont get the constant echo they get now from sound-activated tranmission.

Am I right in thinking this?

btw thanks for replying

Comment

Not a problem. Unless you can get the mic to playback as you speak, or set up some sort of macro to toggle between mic and stereo. It's either record them with game audio or record yourself.

Comment

Well I've now resigned to buying another sound card to solve this one (£3.53 on ebay rofl).

If it works as a solution I'll post and let you know.

Comment

Good deal, thanks.

Comment

I promised an update and here it is. I installed the card and it didn't play sound or record mic or anything (after ages of fiddling with settings). After searching the web I find this particular card has some severe compativbility issues with xp :rage:. (The ebay seller advertised that it works with XP, but for £3.53 I'm not going to complain).

Anyway got another soundcard coming now from a mate, so I'll post another update when that arrives.

Comment

10-4.

Comment

Working...
                X