Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI latency tool....

Hi...

I installed a new GPU driver (NGO Nvidia 91.31) which came with the PCI latency tool. My GPU Latency was set to 248 (or something) and i lowered it to 64.
    It should help to prevent lockups/freezes. I have yet to try it out. Aquamark gave me like 2000 more points with these settings but that can come form the new GPU driver as well.

Any1 got some experience with this tool?

greets
    Me.

Re: PCI latency tool....

I've got some experience with PCI Latency Tool. It's extremely useful. It's the only thing that kept my old 9600 AIW Pro in my system as long as did. I was able to run BF2 with that old card with several settings on high, 2X AA, and still get about 40-50fps. Before running the latency tool, I could only run on two settings on high, with no AA in order to get 45fps at best.

So, yeah. It helps quite a bit, if you ask me. I can't say how much it's helped my new card, because I changed it's latency before I even ran any benchmarks or programs.

Comment

U wouldnt think all the extra score cam from the new driver as your card is a few generations old and only the newest cards see big performance gains.

I had never heard of tweaking the PCI bus before, but after googling it I found an article on how lowering the PCI bus increased sytem performance. This dude said it got rid of his stuttering problems in BF1942, lol it was written in 2003 but its still relevant for all AGP users.

Comment

Wait...did u just say my GPU is a few generation old?
        *argh that hurts*
        Well my BF2 run well today with all settings high and 2x AA...so i am glad )
        well = 40 - 60 fps

Comment

lol sorry dude

To make up for it, heres a cake for you:

well, a picture of a cake anyway

So did the PCI bus tweak work?

Comment

Well...thanks for the cake mate. heh

Uh i dont know if it works or not but BF2 didnt crash so far which is a good sign isnt it? It SEEMS to run smoother for me but that can also result due to the new driver. I have that illusion that every minor change/tweak will run BF2 better then before. (if it runs at all that is)
            I have yet to do a long time test if these sound cracks I encounter with Sound on hardware with EAX are gone or not.

Conclusion: I do not know....yet.

Comment

I read in one of the vid card forums to try both 62 and 84 to see which works best with your system.

For those with ATI cards, you set the PCI Latency in the "ATI Tools", "Hardware", "General Settings". This is with the ATI Omega drivers.

Comment

Working...
              X