X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilots..... do you use your stick like this

Hey there Jet Pilots.

Which way do you use your joystick?

Do you use your twist axis for your turning (left and right) the whole plane.... as in, the twist axis is what moves you like a car, [you cant do flips and twists with this axis].

Or do you use your twist axis, to use it so that you twist and turn with it.

I have mine setup so that my twist axis is uses to move my entire plane left and right, and then my joystick is used to move me up, down, roll left, and right.... so If I want to flip around all crazy, I just move my joystick to the right, and it turns.

Not sure if I have it setup correctly. Thanks

Re: Pilots..... do you use your stick like this

Up/down for Up/down, left/right for roll left/right, Twist for "like a car goes" ^_^

Comment

thats my set up, just make sure you set it to be able to steer on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Silent_Bob_
        Up/down for Up/down, left/right for roll left/right, Twist for "like a car goes" ^_^
        same here

Up/down for Up/down, left/right for roll left/right, A & D for like car turns
        and W for forward and S for Backwords

Comment

Set it to steer on the ground? I am never on the ground though....

Does anyone else feel like the twisting part (turn like a car) could be a little sharper.... I mean, I roll pretty quick, almost too quickly, but when I want to turn like a car, it takes wide turns like a limosuine would.

I want to turn quickly, (like a small car like a miata would).... so does anyone have theirs setup like this, or is this just how planes fly in this game?

Comment

In a real militery jet, or any jet for that matter, turning with the rudder, (like a car turns) only has a tiny effect on turning the jet. The rudder is primarily used to help point the nose upwards when it's banking/rolling. BF2 already has an over exagerated turning with rudder capability. It's much more fun getting 90 degrees of bank then pulling back on the stick to whip yourself around!!

Comment

Yeah, I agree. I just think the rudder (turns like a car) helps a lot when flying at low speeds, when you are flying over your carrier, or base to re-fill up on ammo. Sometimes I find it harder to roll and bank and position myself above the carrier.

Its a lot more precise when I fly really low to the ground at a low speed, then turn like a car towards the carrier, whooosh right over it, and I am completly restored in health, and in ammo.

I just got my joystick, and flying jets is soooo fun. I used to like helicopters with my mouse and keyboard, but got tired of getting blown up by jets.

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMatx

Does anyone else feel like the twisting part (turn like a car) could be a little sharper.... I mean, I roll pretty quick, almost too quickly, but when I want to turn like a car, it takes wide turns like a limosuine would.

I want to turn quickly, (like a small car like a miata would).... so does anyone have theirs setup like this, or is this just how planes fly in this game?
                Increasing the rudder effect by 100% will make the jet handling feel so retarded. Ive tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  Increasing the rudder effect by 100% will make the jet handling feel so retarded. Ive tried it.
                  Thanks. I guess I will leave the settings @ default then.

I only been flying with my new joystick for 20 minutes, and I am already catching on quick. I can only imagine how good I will be after this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMatx
                    When you takeoff and jeeps are trying to stop you....

Comment

Working...
                    X