BF2 started locking up today~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 started locking up today~

Ten seconds after I finish loading up, the game starts to freeze up and then I get dropped to the server browser. If I'm fast enough, I can hit join game and spawn in, but still after 10 seconds, I get dropped from the server after being frozen. This only started today, but it's so unbelievably annoying.

Re: BF2 started locking up today~

To be honest man, the best thing to do is probably reinstall BF2.
    I can't think of anyway to narrow down what the problem might be.

Only thing that comes to mind is Punkbuster, try manually updating.
    All the instructions are on Punkbuster's site.
    Is it only one server or on all?
    SF, EF & AF, all the same?

Comment

I only have vanilla.. And yes, all vanilla servers. I tried updating punk buster, but that did nothing.

*sigh* Lost a match tonight cause we were a man down.

Comment

Same thing happened to me here man.

Are you running Windows 2000 by chance? I am. I seem to remember having a problem like this before. I've submitted a trouble-ticket to EvenBalance (Punkbuster) to see if they know anything about it. I do see that they just released an update yesterday, that may be the root of the problem.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled without any change.

If/when I hear back from PB, I'll let you all know.

Comment

Yup, win2k for the loss, huh?

Comment

Nah , same thing here with xp pro , it's a punkbuster issue I am sure , logged a ticket with them last night , waiting to hear back although I doubt there is anything they will/can do . Someone else , on another forum was suggesting it was in some way relating to the lan card/drivers and some incompatibility with pb .

I have the same issues and it is only since the pb update on sunday night .

John

Comment

Originally posted by [BTC]Jonski
              Nah , same thing here with xp pro , it's a punkbuster issue I am sure , logged a ticket with them last night , waiting to hear back although I doubt there is anything they will/can do . Someone else , on another forum was suggesting it was in some way relating to the lan card/drivers and some incompatibility with pb .

I have the same issues and it is only since the pb update on sunday night .

John

Same Here.....

Comment

Me too :cry:

Comment

Any new news? I haven't heard back from EvenBalance (PB) yet myself...

Comment

Originally posted by (CB4)akaNE!
                    Any new news? I haven't heard back from EvenBalance (PB) yet myself...

No news and no reply from evenbalance......I have tried so many different things today but to no avail .

Comment

this is being addressed here:

IN the mean while I highly recommend you dont try to fix this by reinstalling windows, bf2 or your drivers, also you hardware is just fine, this is definitly an EA issue, if you want to test it out just try playing single player, I bet ya it works just fine. once again here is the link to where this issue is being discussed in depth:

||3RB||MOBB

Comment

Read here.

The whole thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ||3RB||MOBB
                          this is definitly an EA issue,
                          ||3RB||MOBB

I think this is more of an Evenbalance issue as it coincides with the punkbuster update on Monday .

Comment

Originally posted by [BTC]Jonski
                            I think this is more of an Evenbalance issue as it coincides with the punkbuster update on Monday .

Do we really need to knit pick?EA contracted Evenbalance to police their stuff.A problem is a problem is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by leo4130
                              Do we really need to knit pick?EA contracted Evenbalance to police their stuff.A problem is a problem is a problem.
                              Well we can hope that EA will put some pressure on Evenbalance , but we can't expect them to fix the problem if it is caused by some other party . And while EA did what Punkbuster onboard I am sure most of us wanted some form of cheat protection aswell . At the end of the day only Evenbalance can fix this issue .

EDIT:

EvenBalance released a hotfix last night and all is well again

Comment

Working...
                              X