Strange TV missile issue - not the usual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange TV missile issue - not the usual

I've been having a problem with the TV missile recently - there is a large delay between the time that I left-click to change missile direction, and the time that the missile actually goes where I click. Usually, the missile changes it's flight path immediately, it has always been fairly responsive in that sense, even on multiplayer servers, but now it's not. I can't think of any sudden changes that I've made to my game settings or computer settings could have possibly affected it. Any idea what the problem might be? I've done the following:

-Reinstalled windows
    -Reinstalled bf2
    -Changed mouse settings/sensitivity in control panel and in-game
    -Changed 'connection type' in game settings
    -Tried a whole new mouse and new keyboard
    -tried older patch versions, but still had the same problem
    -updated punkbuster
    -updated video card driver, rolled back driver to a previous version
    -changed pagefile settings to 'system managed size'
    -disconnected and reconnected modem, changed ethernet cords

I created a local server and had a few people join, and everything was back to normal, the 'delay' was almost negligible, just like it was before - the TV missile would move where I clicked instataneously. But when I play on a multiplayer server, the delay is huge. I even tried super low ping servers and I still have the exact same problem. This leads me to believe it's an internet connection problem, although my pings are low and my connection seems fine. By the way, I'm not on a router, my modem is connected directly to my computer.

Re: Strange TV missile issue - not the usual

Hmm weird. It arrives to me sometimes, but what you described.... I really dont know. If you actually reinstalled windows.....

Good courage I dont think I would actually reinstall my window for bf2

Comment

I thought that I'd just become a rotton shot all of a sudden. I've certainly been having the same problems. Just blam the patch, everyone else seems to blam it for anything unusual

Comment

ping.

Comment

Originally posted by whoundead
          ping.
          My ping is decent on most servers that I connect to. On low ping servers, such as 50 or less, I still have the same problem. I am however, trying to figure out how to configure my cable modem.

I changed my ethernet card settings to full duplex but the problem is still the same.

Comment

Working...
          X