Too Many Flags!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Flags!

I think that there are too many flags on 64 player servers. This game is not concentrated enough to achieve its maximum radness. Running around to every flag to capture it, let alone having to organize a small squad to defend each one, is too much of a task and too distracting from the fun of battle: flanking, overcoming "barracades"-or strongholds, strategizing, working together, finding great sniper points, angles to fire from.

If there were, say 4 flags on 64 map Karkand (spread out to leave middle ground for battles that would occur between travelling squads and armor)---(there would be more time for sabotage), the battles would become so intense and deliberate that you'd have to call on teamwork. You'd call in for armor at a certain point, you'd need a Nader (resupply) over there at that corner where the enemy has stationed several good riflemen, etc... etc..

We don't need 7 or 8 flags on a 64 map to ensure conflict, that would happen--and in a more unpredictable and sspontaneous way--if there were fewer flags, anyways.

Right now the game is a blast, but I think it would change and become even more fun with this change.

has anyone else felt this way about these maps?????

Re: Too Many Flags!

The more flags the better Bigger maps the better

Comment

No way!

Are you considering only Karkand? This just means that if one team gets behind the lines and caps the last 3 flags, the final flag just needs to be overwhelmed. WTF?
      I vote for more flags and bigger maps, with more tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by moosejaw
        maximum radness.
        Is that like the East coast "Wicked Awesome"

and my fav, the one i use "Hella Cool" from the West Coast.

Thanks, i have new phrase added to my limited vocab

That $hit$ Hella Radness. Pop yo collar player!!

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
          No way!

Are you considering only Karkand? This just means that if one team gets behind the lines and caps the last 3 flags, the final flag just needs to be overwhelmed. WTF?
          I vote for more flags and bigger maps, with more tickets!

If a game came down to USA having 3 flags, and MEC, say, having just 1, that's no less fair than the unbalanced code of Kark now. MEC has to have almost all the flags in order to win (I don't know the exact algorithm or whatever : P ) The game isn't balanced now anyways.

If there were only one flag left...The teams still face off with the same numbers and resources...
          Plus the % of kills and flags effecting the total pointage could be changed.

Comment

I don't really agree with Karkand having too many flags. But other maps like Daqing Oil Fields, i'm right there with you.

Comment

your just moaning cos you have to walk and the magic school bus wont pick you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sub_zer0
                your just moaning cos you have to walk and the magic school bus wont pick you up.
                :rofl:

Comment

I think that the spacing is off on some of the 64 man maps. Like on Karkand, If you lose Square, Hotel, and Suburb as MEC and spawn at Train Accident, it takes forever to walk to any of those flags. Also, the area West of Square is one of the most open on the map, so odds are you are going to die if you are walking.

Comment

dont think that wud work. u'd have too many ppl tryin to cap/defend one flag. u wudnt be able to cap it cos there wud always be somone spawnin near u and there wud be too many ppl to get near. to do that they wud have to make the capture radius on the flag larger nd offer lots of cover

Comment

Originally posted by Frozo
                      dont think that wud work. u'd have too many ppl tryin to cap/defend one flag. u wudnt be able to cap it cos there wud always be somone spawnin near u and there wud be too many ppl to get near. to do that they wud have to make the capture radius on the flag larger nd offer lots of cover
                      Yeah, you would end up with only 5 spawn points that could get covered for insta-kill spawnraping. Might not work out in practice.

Comment

The fact that you used radness makes this a great post.

Less flags, nah. More team work, yes. But that's not something that can be modified.[/my pointless post]

Comment

Originally posted by moosejaw
                          I think that there are too many flags on 64 player servers. This game is not concentrated enough to achieve its maximum radness. Running around to every flag to capture it, let alone having to organize a small squad to defend each one, is too much of a task and too distracting from the fun of battle: flanking, overcoming "barracades"-or strongholds, strategizing, working together, finding great sniper points, angles to fire from.

If there were, say 4 flags on 64 map Karkand (spread out to leave middle ground for battles that would occur between travelling squads and armor)---(there would be more time for sabotage), the battles would become so intense and deliberate that you'd have to call on teamwork. You'd call in for armor at a certain point, you'd need a Nader (resupply) over there at that corner where the enemy has stationed several good riflemen, etc... etc..

We don't need 7 or 8 flags on a 64 map to ensure conflict, that would happen--and in a more unpredictable and sspontaneous way--if there were fewer flags, anyways.

Right now the game is a blast, but I think it would change and become even more fun with this change.

has anyone else felt this way about these maps?????
                          Those "open spaces" your talking about that would be between flags would probably NEVER have battles on them. Everyone would rush to thhe other sides flags. Going ALL the way around to avoid conflict and cap the flag.

Comment

I vote for BETTER flags. Now its like you cap a flag and you get!!!!! A ****ing jeep. I mean WTF is that? Some flags just have no importance whatsoever. In Wake, whats the point of capping Beach and North Base?

Beach you dont get **** except for an AA site.

North Base you get two worthless jeeps, one that is slower than molasses and the other that cant even withstand a feather. Worthless flags.

PLUS you are flanked out on both flags

It should be that ALL flags have their own thing to contribute to the battle. Not something worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
                              I vote for BETTER flags. Now its like you cap a flag and you get!!!!! A ****ing jeep. I mean WTF is that? Some flags just have no importance whatsoever. In Wake, whats the point of capping Beach and North Base?

So the USMC can get a foothold?

Comment

Working...
                              X