Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Discoveries regarding accuracy of weapons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Discoveries regarding accuracy of weapons.

Over at the PR forums, flanker-f did some tests on weapon accuracy in iron sight mode using a virtual crosshair + punkbuster to really see where the weapon was pointing.

Originally posted by flanker-f
    First of all thanks for all developers of PR, this is the best infantry "simulator" available and we all enjoy it. Especially I like the accuracy of the guns, but there's one thing which bothers me very much: Inaccuracy of certain weapons. I know everyone knows this already but I decided to take some screens.

M16's iron sight. Perfectly accurate, capable of putting a bullet into any pixel on the screen. Combined with low recoil deadly accurate at any (draw) distance.

Actual hit point is exactly where the iron sight is pointing.

AK-101's iron sight. Despite 5.56 ammo the AK has pretty high recoil together with it's crappy sights it can not compete against M16 at long distances.

Actual hit point is where the green cross is, which is actually way above the sight. This may not seem a huge difference, but it is. Everything can be learned, but this makes AK to lose most of long-range encounters.

With M16 it's possible to take out snipers +200 meters away with a single shot into head. With AK it's simply impossible. I don't know if you feel the same but I dislike AK for the very reason, I can't hit anything extremely far with it.

MAchineguns, the same goes for M249, the US support weapon.

While RPK-74 is fine.

Dragunov is not good either.

Gap isn't that big but makes aiming difficult.

Beretta 92F

MR-444 Baghira

Pistols are not equal. Since AT is equipped only with pistol it's vital to know how to use it effectively. And because some kits have body armour other but headshot don't really make damage. That's where Beretta has too much advantage. On the other hand MEC pistol has a better view over the target, which makes aiming for long distances easier. I've got headshots aiming just on top of the front sight becasue of bullet drop.

So can we expect adjustments and tweaking soon? I'd love that, because thats the only really bad bug in PR imo. As i said, they may not look huge, but anyone who has played PR knows how accurate the weapons are, if the sight isn't ok, the accuracy is gone.
    Right.

So, you think, what the hell does this matter for vBF2? Its only a PR thing, no?

Well, there is the problem. It isn't. The PR devs have not touched the crosshair and even were not aware it was like this.

Further testing on vBF2 produced the same affects.
    Therefore, it is a vBF2 issue. Perhaps you don't notice it as much because the vBF2 weapons are less accurate - but those of you who are PR players will see the considerable difference in accuracy, as I have too.

PR Devs will do their best to fix this, but for now - have you noticed this, in vBF2?

Discuss.

Re: Interesting Discoveries regarding accuracy of weapons.

Weird

Comment

i was aware of differnces in the pistol,but the other guns that you have shown.

very interesting stuff there thanks for sharing it with us.

any chance you could get the low down on some of the other weapons like the other semi-auto sniper (type 88 i think)

i always though the svd crosshair was a tad out but the pic you have shown illustrates thats its more to the right than centre(or tip of the ^ )

again very interesting stuff.

Comment

The AK101, the SVD and the M249 are VERY interesting... I'll do some testing of my own tonight.

Comment

SirFullforce anychance you could link me/us to the thread you have mentiond.

i would also like to know where the sweet spot is on the m95,at the moment i use the bottom part of the thick line when going for a headshot.

thanks.

Comment

wow that is interesting

Comment

I was shocked reading that very nice find mate

Comment

Great info, thanks for bringing it up.

The pistol issues are relatively well known, but the rifle issues have remained largely undefined - though I think we all knew that something was wonky with em.

My hunch is that the specific models are out of alignment with the code that defines where a projectile originates.

Comment

Ahh this explains why I can't hit sh*t with the AK from far distances, while I am alot better with the M16A2.

I already knew that Support one just by playing.

Comment

Yeah, link anyone?

Comment

Comment

Holy ****, look at Mr.444's crosshair! I had a feeling there was something dodgy with that guy!

Edit: Got the other guns? (PKM, G3 etc..)

Comment

I think the MR444 was pretty obvious myself.

As for M95, PKM etc, these are not in PR, so were not researched.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Fullforce
                            I think the MR444 was pretty obvious myself.

As for M95, PKM etc, these are not in PR, so were not researched.
                            thats a shame but still a good find and we have some hard data on some of the main(deafult)weapons.

more curios myself to what the acctual aim point is on other crosshairs.

oh well you cant have everything i supose

Comment

Hmmm...interesting points about the guns...I figured as much on most of them already.

Comment

Working...
                              X