Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 in WoW style...

Originally posted by Bender Cz
    thi is a good idea,you can implement some more things with ranking,general can call reinforcements,airstrikes and so on,this is a huge idea with a lot of things

but it is also hard to make and no one will do it next 10 years
    Ya, it would take SERIOUS investment. I don't think EA would be willing to do it. But they make a lot of money from subscription stuff...

Server power is getting crazy now with Conroe showing up and memory becoming cheaper. I see no reason large server clusters would not showup that could handle this. Besides, if it took 4 years to develope, we would all be running bigger boxs then.

Also, from what Id developed recently with distance rendering technology, you don't have to cache in memory activites happening a mile away.

Originally posted by Ghilleman
    Been tried. Its called "Planetside"
    But again, these are some 'fantasy/future' games. Not modern war games.

Comment

rewarding the player with greater capabilities than others is what kills the mmorpg genre.

Comment

Pick up the soap....

Also try ww2 online..
        if you look hard enough there are games out tehre but they aint gonna be f2 becuase net code etc.

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
          rewarding the player with greater capabilities than others is what kills the mmorpg genre.
          I would think a reward system based on your achivements, like taking flag points, or develope a highlevel-logic system that figures out what you are doing to rewards player conduct with-in a team. (sounds like it could get really exploited though).

Comment

its called HUXELY and the game is going to be gay...

Comment

this game is already scheduled for release, its called huxley

Comment

WoW is the gayest thing to ever grace a PC it's the only game that a large ammount of females play and are good at (other then the sims) that should tell you somthing about it...

Comment

Your right I really hate it when reviewers say WOW is the only thing keeping Computer Gaming up and running i mean wtf?

Comment

Working...
                  X