Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zalaman Cpu Coolers , do they work or are they a gimmick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zalaman Cpu Coolers , do they work or are they a gimmick?

Ok Guys n Gals

With the recent hot weather in the UK my CPU has been running at 45c . Its a Athlon 64 Dual Core 4200+

If i fitt the following will i see a noteworthy differnce or should i save my pennies ?

If that one is no good can anyone recomend a good one , i dont wanna go down the water path as i have fiddly children .

Many thx

Re: Zalaman Cpu Coolers , do they work or are they a gimmick?

Hello.

I have the 9500 and it is superb. It is large so it wont fit well in a small case and the fins are sharp. It fits most mother boards though. New egg had it for 49 recently and its often on sale.

Comment

Zalman are the way to go. I don't know the name of mine (it was donated to me) but it looks pretty similar to yours, and my machine never goes over 35c at full load.

Comment

Are they easy to fit ?

Comment

My CPU is an Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz (2 CPUs) which i OCed to about 3.8Ghz. I have a Zalman CPU cooler with heat pipe technology and it cools my CPU better that i could could have imagined. The stock CPU fan and heat sink that came with it were so inaffective that 1 minute into boot u, my system would start beeping inermittenly every second warning me of over heat and then shut itself down(Auto shutdown is 185* fahrenheit) and that was before i OCed (I didnt even get a chance to). I baught the Zalman and my CPU runs smoothly at 100* - 110* Fahrenheit at 3.8Ghz! I am VERY pleased with Zalman.

It isnt the easiest thing to install as it requires you to completely take the Mobo out of the case but with results like this, a few extra minutes of install time is A Okay by me.

heres a good site with some very good information on it
          Coolerguys premium-quality electronic, cabinet cooling fans and computer cooler solutions. Browse our cooling fans and quiet A/V cooling solutions online.

Comment

Yes indeed. Their GPU cooling fans are awesome too. It dropped my vidcard's temp from Idle- 63 C Loaded - 85~88 C down to 48 C Idle and Loaded........... 55 C . I could not believe the difference it made.

Comment

Working...
            X