Engineering Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineering Help.

I have just started to play engineer, and I must say I like the shotgun. But I don't really know how to survive and overall be effective with the kit. Any Suggestiona?

Re: Engineering Help.

When playing engineer you want to be an armor whore. Don't mind the comments, people just hate to get owned .

Most important thing i learner in time is not to rush in to everything. Just take your time. You will always be able to repair your own vehicle whenever you survive an encounter.

Furthermore try to join other armor on your side. You have twice the firepower and you will be able to fix your companion while you drive.

Last but not least. As always in this game, practice.

Comment

I have not played much with Engineer, very rarely.

But, hms... don't run into the battle field because you're useless with those guns (except for close range). An engineers kit is to fix stuff and mine roads. Don't let the enemy see you.

Using the armor while using the engineer kit will not help him get better at using the... engineering kit.

Comment

I've got expert engi and I did quite the opposite. The standard shotgun as well as the Jackhammer mows people down with little effort. I also try and sneak around armor and drop mines next to or in front of the tracks tires, and that seems to do the trick. If you go engineer, you should ground pound and use a buggy as you can pull up to armor and reapair it, giving you ability points in the process.

Comment

Well, I tried some more tactics with the shotgun and it seems that bunnyhopping, even though I hate it works rather nicely. Thanks for the tips so far!

Comment

Originally posted by WMV2
            Well, I tried some more tactics with the shotgun and it seems that bunnyhopping, even though I hate it works rather nicely. Thanks for the tips so far!
            Hey, you have to try to live through gunfire.

I found that staying prone (just lying there) worked the best. Especially when someone would be turning a corner. By the time they see you, they are toast.

Comment

As with any gun, aim for the head.

I love being an engy...nothin' more satisfying then creepin' behind a tank/APC and droppin' those round, little, explosive gifts....and also droppin' some mines...

Comment

Well thanks for the help, I went from only killing 3 or 4 people a round as engineer to like 15.

Comment

i jump>shoot>jump>shoot when u reload u jump etc

Comment

I have over 370 hours as engineer, and IMO, mine kills are the most satisfying of all types. Nothing beats sneaking up on a tank, and proning to slide the black circle of death underneath the armor. Then, I crawl back out, and shoot my pistol at him from behind something, and 99 times out of a 100, they will move to score an easy kill, and BLAMMO!

Leaving them hidden in the water is another great way to rack up kills. Water bridge at Karkland often yields a five-bagger APC with one mine.

Another mine trick... If you are capturing their main, and there is armor there, slip a mine under each one while you hide near the flag. More often than not, they will see the flag gray, and try to hop into armor to defend it. As soon as they move, BOOM! TANKSHOT! That buys you another 15 seconds of flag capture time.

Oh, and shotties are THE BEST for CQC. Any shotty less than 10-15ft to the head = instakill.

Comment

Working...
                    X