A new mode of arty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new mode of arty?

My suggestion to ease the amount of commanders who use artillery to kill one person, is single-shot artillery as a new commander option. You just fire one round up and it hits whatever you want it to hit. That would also discourage vehicle camping, since you could get a direct hit on a tank or APC. Sound good?

Re: A new mode of arty?

kinda what jets and helos are for?

Comment

How realistic. Commander gets an uber death gun.

Comment

arty can only b placed on laser designated targets, which only sqaud leaders can deploy. arty is normal, but needs laser to use. mite encourage team play or make it too tactical. i dunno, jst an idea loosely related

Comment

sounds nasty.... bad idea. Too much room for abuse. (Take out every sniper, take out every squad turning the flag...)

Comment

Originally posted by Frozo
            arty can only b placed on laser designated targets, which only sqaud leaders can deploy. arty is normal, but needs laser to use. mite encourage team play or make it too tactical. i dunno, jst an idea loosely related
            Eh. Far too complicated. This isn't Operation: Flashpoint.

Comment

TK limits for everyone, including commnaders.

Done.

No need for special modes, or administered restraints. Want to keep playing and not get auto booted? Make sure you just don't drop arty anywhere and anytime it feels like it should be dropped.

Hell even bringing back TK's for commanders as minus points might motivate some stats conscious players not to just hit the button whenever they see a glob of red and blue peas on the commander screen.

Comment

What's really funny is that after a year of BF2, I think the game will not be changing anything anytime soon. All the radical changes have already been made and that's it. At this point, I think we will be seeing more and more optimization of maps, shaders, etc.

No new unlocks, no new toys for the commanders. It's about as good as it will get.

Comment

Bad idea.
                  One of the things about Arty is it's sometimes inability to kill things.
                  It's bad enough that commanders can 1 shot an unsuspecting sniper with a Jeep. At least that's being fixed (We hope)

Comment

ya that "cartillery" does get really anoying when the commanders abuse it. (especially the ones really good at it :P)

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                      What's really funny is that after a year of BF2, I think the game will not be changing anything anytime soon. All the radical changes have already been made and that's it. At this point, I think we will be seeing more and more optimization of maps, shaders, etc.

No new unlocks, no new toys for the commanders. It's about as good as it will get.
                      w00t for optimizations

and i was hoping that artillery would be nerfed a little because no one likes getting killed by the cheap artillery

Comment

Working...
                      X