New maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New maps

I think that EA/DICE should think about releasing some new maps, I know that Jalalabad has been put into the community, but I think they should design some more maps, and give them to the community for FREE.

But maybe bring in the encouragement of people buying EuroForce, if they added a few maps say city maps, with Euro Force vs PLA or something like that, but city maps like Mashtuur, then that would be pretty good. They should release a map every so often, not just for the heck of it, but to keep the community happy and satisfied with the product.

I think that with the booster packs only having 3 maps each, they should introduce more maps to each of the booster packs, to be honest Special Forces is pretty successfull, I mean you have new armies, vehicles, weapons and maps.

If they added say a city map for Armored Fury, but since Road Rage is based in America, they could have one say the map is based around a town with a mall etc.

For Euro Force, they could have a map also in a city, but say along the lines of say in China, they breached the Great Wall and are trying to take over a part of China, a city map in China. These are just thoughts and what I think, on the best part if I owned EA, then I would release maps every so often into the community, first of all to keep BF2 surviving, I am not bored with BF2 at all, but I would like to see some more maps with Euro force. But some other people are bored and want more out of BF2 mapwise.

So this benefits EA hugely, but it also boosts the communities morale. With new maps its going to give people incentives to buy BF2142, why? because if people see that maps are being released into the community then they might think ''hmm I'll buy BF2142, this is great so many maps, they will do the same with 2142'' theres alot of bad air towards 2142 with quite alot of people. So what do you all think?

Re: New maps

Why don't they just have a monthy competition from all the map makers? The best map would be released after EA/DICE cleaned it up for for release.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
      Why don't they just have a monthy competition from all the map makers? The best map would be released after EA/DICE cleaned it up for for release.
      Suppose that would be pretty cool, and it would boost the modding community, people would be more inclined to make maps.

But still I'd like to see Euro Forces in a city map like the type of map of Sharqi or Mashtuur. There aren't many servers with Euro Force, and EA aren't exactly helping themself by leaving it be. More maps should be designed either from the Modding community or EA themself. I just think Euro Forces army should be included more in more maps.

Comment

Great idea, (thinks where have I heard this before?)

Will they do it? I sure hope so. There are some very fine community maps out their. DICE has already reviewed some of them. (TBF2 map packs)

Comment

i used to play Black Hawk Down. I was a map make. all i have to do is create my map, put it in the server and everyone could play the map without the need to install it on their machines. i think EA/DC should follow the same system.

Comment

Or they could do a survey of the 10 best custom maps that have been made so far and release them as a map pack (while also making them ranked of course). That way they hardly have to do any work, and they would massively prolong the length/playability of the game.

Comment

I sent a message over to Colin about this. He was real vague on future plans with maps. Kinda gave the, "we are always considering" something line.

Comment

they should collect the best fan made maps and realese them in a map pack

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                  I sent a message over to Colin about this. He was real vague on future plans with maps. Kinda gave the, "we are always considering" something line.
                  ie we cant be bothered?

Comment

it would be a nice change of pace to see some new maps come out at least every quarter. That at least give you some time to break the map in a bit.

Comment

This whole thing wouldn't be a probelm if only they would allow custom maps on Ranked servers. They should at the very least try and start a program to allow custom mappers to submit designs and then have them "approved" for ranked play.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                        This whole thing wouldn't be a probelm if only they would allow custom maps on Ranked servers. They should at the very least try and start a program to allow custom mappers to submit designs and then have them "approved" for ranked play.
                        There's no way they could allow custom maps on Ranked servers. It would be exploited within 24 hours for stat padders.

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
                          There's no way they could allow custom maps on Ranked servers. It would be exploited within 24 hours for stat padders.
                          ''Submit designs and then have them "approved" for ranked play.''

This is the line that answers your question, EA or whoever, tests the maps over and approves meaning they say YES, meaning there are no bugs or glitches or exploits. But as with anything else its hard to know, someone might try their best to find a glitch/exploit.

Anyway the Karkand hotel glitch, people use that, it will be fixed in the next patch. Same with everything else, EA probly expect feedback, so when something is glitched, someone tells EA, they fix in the next patch etc.

Comment

I am sure that DiCE has some mapping tools that could go through all the submitted maps and optimize them, looking for flaws and holes. I would think if all the source was supplied by the original developer, they would get cleaned up by DiCE, stamped with approval, and reissued.

Does not seem like such a major problem. But, here again, it would cost them time and money to put several maps into their new beta program.

To me this new beta program is perfect for testing out stuff just like this.

Comment

All this costs money though, even one map will mean several developers/testers need to work on it for several days, to make sure there arent any holes/hacks, however as with Jalalabad, its in the interest of server hosters to advertise their servers and have as many leasing them as possible,m so its from them that this needs to be financed

Comment

Working...
                              X