slow bf2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow bf2

ok i really dont get it here...I have been playing bf2 for just about a year now.I downloaded two mods,the sir mod and sandbox.I played them,they were great exept for the sir mod,it was a cool mod in all but every time i loaded it up,the music was starting to get choppy,and then soon bf2 would get slow and lag.The game would lag,the music would slow down,and loading a map would just about take for ever.So i had to delete both of them cuz they were starting to even slow my computer down.I reinstalled bf2 and then downloaded the full patch(1.3)when i got it i tried patching bf2 with it hoping somthing would work(becuz bf2 was still slow even without the mods now)it took just about half the day to patch.It NEVER did this,it would take about 10 mins to patch it.somthings wrong here.bf2 still lags.I dont get it,i have never had problems like these.Bf2 used to play great.Would the mods do that?Idk,but even SF is a headacke trying to install it,it just keeps saying patching SF when i try....Everything is slow now..Whats happening??(all i have downloaded was the mods and the patch)What could it be,and how do i stop it? yea this is a repost,seems manualy unistalling it didn't work,it lags everything.Takes forever to load a map,and when it does,it usualy crashes.I need some help here(sry for reposting,but i need help!)i havent updated my drivers(should i?)i uninstalled it then patched it,it didn't help...now what?

Re: slow bf2

Even though you said sorry why the hell are you reposting? Maybe if you worded your post better with some sort of spacing so its easy to read maybe more people would be able to help you.

Seriously, it could be anything. To be honest, if I were you, I would do a full Windows reinstall, its always better to start with a clean slate.

That and buy some more RAM and upgrade your graphics card.

Comment

well i was guessing no one would look at my other one sence it was in PAGE 2 so...

Comment

Well you could have just done a "bump" posting in your other one.

Comment

Yeah some hella run on sentences. But it could very possible be spyware and whatnot slowing down your machine. A clean install of XP is like starting over, aka a clean slate.

Comment

do some spyware and adaware scans

Comment

i did...oh and if i try to bump it "auto merges" my postsi ran the scan and stuff...not working

Comment

Ok. Just try all the afformentioned remedies then and see how you get on.

Comment

What are you computer specs?

Comment

Originally posted by P. Alexson
                    What are you computer specs?
                    He doesnt like saying. But he has an FX5700 and 768MB of RAM, you can probably fill in the blanks for the rest of the machine.

Comment

Working...
                    X