Calling all pub's i.e. non clanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all pub's i.e. non clanners

Due to all the stick clanners are giving us pubs because apparently were all noobs, we dont have skillz and we've nerfed the game and all that nonsense, Ive decided to setup Clan Pub Noob just because its ironic, and anytime they flame us were all in a clan too, lol, it requires nothing only simply to support the cause by adding the [Cpo] prefix to your id( this in no way affects your stats ), to do this do the following( backup the Global.con file beforehand )
    1. Open up Windows Explorer, your Terminal, or whatever file browser you may be using.
    2. Navigate over to your "My Documents" folder (Default: C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\).
    3. Navigate into \Battlefield 2\Profiles\.
    4. Open up Global.con using any text editor (Notepad will do).
    5. There should be a line that contains the GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix command. Usually, this will be the second line in the file.
    6. Whatever is in between the two double quotes following this command will be your prefix. Edit it to your desire. (Example: GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix "-{SF}-")
    7. Save the file (File -> Save), and exit out of your text editor.
    8. That's it, you're done! The next time you login to BF2, you should now have the correct prefix. Note that if the changes are made while BF2 is open, it will NOT work. You must have BF2 closed.
    Thanks to ~Salad for the above

Apologies to the moderators etc for posting it here( and not in Clans Section ), but its only for the public thus i couldnt put it there

It would be soo funny to see all pubs on a server with a [CPo] prefix taking on a Clan

You can use the sig if you want, i like it because its so crap and takes the ****, lol

Support the cause soldiers!!!!!!!!

PS thanks to Lazzars for our motto contribution!!!!!

Re: Calling all pub's i.e. non clanners

or type it into the prefix box before clicking "Log In" on BF2.

Comment

Correct, thanks for that, just wondering, isint the prefix box disabled if you've never set it though, as i never saw it before i changed the con file

Comment

one word.. why?

Comment

lol, i've seen this concept played out in other games and it has gone quite well.

I have a clan as it were but I encourage the non-clan-boys to band together... trust me, you are larger in number and influence than any of the "uber clans".

MYIS should sponser [CPo] and give them their own ranked server and web site.

[CPo] could really turn into something special if you are serious about it.

Comment

first of all. your not all noobs. your all slightly above retarded. second, we dont get angry with you because you cant seem to do anything right, we get angry with you because you cant seem to do anything right, and you drag the rest of us down with you.

now there are exceptions, yesterday i was in a fully functional squad using voip to its full extent and coordinating ground and air support for the rest of the noobs who were running around with m16s trying to bunnyhop their way to success. i love those games. but they are few and far between.

i dont understand how saying your in a clan makes you not a noob. if you play like ****, if you dont work with your team at all, if you tk for the nearest chopper, then thats when you are a noob. not because you dong have a tag infront of your name.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
              lol, i've seen this concept played out in other games and it has gone quite well.

I have a clan as it were but I encourage the non-clan-boys to band together... trust me, you are larger in number and influence than any of the "uber clans".

MYIS should sponser [CPo] and give them their own ranked server and web site.

[CPo] could really turn into something special if you are serious about it.
              nice one, thanks, i appreciate that( ive been expecthing the flame thrower ), i hope it does work out we have a good few signups already and there was a few of us in the top 100 on the BF2 beta test competition run over the weekend, lol, some of the clanners were surprised
              I am serious about this in the sense that us pubbers dont have a voice in the clan community and were always lumped in with the minority of guys making unrealistic suggestions( we are all entitled to our views however, and its DICE's decision to lister or not, so bad ideas arent at fault ) for gameplay or for nerfing everything, we want a good game too not some pop game, absolutely every non clanner is welcome to join by simply using the prefix, and because were not constantly playing or competing doesnt mean were crap

Mabye if our numbers become large enough we could look into sponsorship as this is a clan for everybody, nothing serious in any way and no commitment is required only to have fun, i was looking into getting a web page together alright but i wouldnt know how to go about sponsorship or anything though, id appreciate some advice if as i said we get a large enough sign up

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
              one word.. why?
              See reasons above

Remember everyone, its a clan for non-clanners

Comment

Originally posted by [77th]Balas
                (1)first of all. your not all noobs. your all slightly above retarded. second, we dont get angry with you because you cant seem to do anything right, (2)we get angry with you because you cant seem to do anything right, and you drag the rest of us down with you.

now there are exceptions, yesterday i was in a fully functional squad using voip to its full extent and coordinating ground and air support for the rest of the noobs who were running around with m16s trying to bunnyhop their way to success. i love those games. but they are few and far between.

i dont understand how saying your in a clan makes you not a noob. if you play like ****, if you dont work with your team at all, if you tk for the nearest chopper, then thats when you are a noob. not because you dong have a tag infront of your name.
                (1) be nice. (+r)
                (2) uhm no ive seem people in clans acting like 4yo's ingame it kinda makes me laugh,
                (3) don't
                (nit picked out parts of your essay)

I play bf2 for the fun of it, there are some good times on servers, and some bloody awfull ones. Can be caused by both clanned & clanless so splitting them into 2 different groups wont get anywhere.. what do you think they were doing before they had a clan? you really think having a tag can change their nature?

edit; i choose not to have a tag of any sort, if i did however want to be i would have to have some kind of free time to commit but i dont see that happening anytime soon. its my nature to gaming i never give a half assed approach if i cant commit i dont play simple, except when its for fun.

500 posts

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                  edit; i choose not to have a tag of any sort, if i did however want to be i would have to have some kind of free time to commit but i dont see that happening anytime soon. its my nature to gaming i never give a half assed approach if i cant commit i dont play simple, except when its for fun.

500 posts
                  I appreciate your comments, last thing i want is for this to become a flame fest as thats one of the reasons for it
                  Anyways, theres absolutely no commitment in any way, just to use the prefix, thats it, as like you im just out to play for fun, enjoy the game and when playing i like to give it my best, so you're very welcome to use the prefix if you like, of course its fine also if you dont want to have any tag

Ohh and up the Irish , fellow irish head here

Comment

Im a pub and i wouldnt exactly say im crap lol im top on nearly alot of the games i play unless i chill with the sniper kit .

Comment

Originally posted by xplosive
                      Im a pub and i wouldnt exactly say im crap lol im top on nearly alot of the games i play unless i chill with the sniper kit .
                      Well we'd be very happy to have you on board if youre on for taking the tag, a lot of the guys on board so far are usually in the top 5( going by the beta 2 competition testing over the weekend ), and the more clan pawning the better

The more the merrier, and this you the publics clan

Comment

Originally posted by lmimmfn
                        Correct, thanks for that, just wondering, isint the prefix box disabled if you've never set it though, as i never saw it before i changed the con file
                        I've never editted my .con file and it was there. I noticed it about 2 weeks after I started playing again. I jumped from 1.03 to 1.3 so there were a lot of differences. I started using my prefix "chiefD" at that time, but now I use "theBig"... unless "chiefD" applies.

Yes, pointless rambling.

Anyway, I hope your idea pans out. I think it would just be nice to have pubbers actually learn how to play instead of trying to make every game a deathmatch. You know, squads, communication, teamwork, obeying orders, etc.

BTW, your sig picture is great! MS Paint FTW!

Comment

BAH!i hate most clans...like only sum..but id rather not join any

Comment

Already in a clan, just not for BF2.

Comment

i wonder what would happen if every one was in a clan...

Comment

Working...
                              X