lagging bf2??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lagging bf2??

ok i really dont get it here...I have been playing bf2 for just about a year now.I downloaded two mods,the sir mod and sandbox.I played them,they were great exept for the sir mod,it was a cool mod in all but every time i loaded it up,the music was starting to get choppy,and then soon bf2 would get slow and lag.The game would lag,the music would slow down,and loading a map would just about take for ever.So i had to delete both of them cuz they were starting to even slow my computer down.I reinstalled bf2 and then downloaded the full patch(1.3)when i got it i tried patching bf2 with it hoping somthing would work(becuz bf2 was still slow even without the mods now)it took just about half the day to patch.It NEVER did this,it would take about 10 mins to patch it.somthings wrong here.bf2 still lags.I dont get it,i have never had problems like these.Bf2 used to play great.Would the mods do that?Idk,but even SF is a headacke trying to install it,it just keeps saying patching SF when i try....Everything is slow now..Whats happening??(all i have downloaded was the mods and the patch)What could it be,and how do i stop it?:cry: (i type bad)

i need help!!!

Re: lagging bf2??

I'd try reinstalling again, but this time, do a manual uninstall and remove any entries from your registry the two mods might have added. I think something is lurking in your machine from the mods and your pc doesnt like it.

Comment

ill try that...oh and i really dont no how to manually unistall it...yea...i click the unistall button.but to manually?delete all of bf2's folders and stuff??

can some one help me out here?

Comment

Originally posted by archanos
        ill try that...oh and i really dont no how to manually unistall it...yea...i click the unistall button.but to manually?delete all of bf2's folders and stuff??

can some one help me out here?
        You must remove BF2 manually and reinstall it. Here's how: (modified slightly from EA's instructions to preserve settings/config):

Save your settings/configs:
        * Open My Documents, rename "Battlefield 2" folder to "Battlefield 2 previous"

Delete the game files:
        * Find your installation of Battlefield 2 (default: c:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2) and delete it.

Remove registry entries:
        1. Click on the Start button.
        2. Click on Run.
        3. Type regedit in the text field.
        4. Click File and then choose Export.
        5. Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
        6. Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.
        7. Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
        8. Click the plus sign next to Software.
        9. Click the plus sign next to DICE.
        10. Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
        11. Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts.
        12. Right-click and choose Delete on any Battlefield 2 folders.
        13. Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.
        14. Click the plus sign next to Windows.
        15. Click the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.
        16. Click the plus sign next to Uninstall.
        17. Right-click on the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} and choose Delete.
        18. A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
        19. Close the WindowsRegistry Editor.

Battlefield 2 is now completely removed from your system.

Re-installation:
        1. Reinstall Battlefield 2
        2. Apply latest patch
        3. Open My Documents, Rename "Battlefield 2" folder to "Battlefield 2 old" (this is the freshly installed settings directory which you may want to keep just in case).
        4. Rename "Battlefield 2 previous" (your settings before BF2 stopped working) to "Battlefield 2"

OR, do a search on the forums. That function can work wonders. Although I cant help you on the mods, im presuming they piggybacked off your BF2 install, but they could have put registry entries anywhere.

Comment

eh...i no..lol..i am lazy...didnt think u would post any more...ill try.... UPDATE Got it!hope it works now

i just did it,tried the patching too,it didn't work,it lags and now crashes when i join games(which takes forever to join)the music lags too,i dont get it

Comment

What are your specs?

Comment

the patches are suppose to be slow, it prob seemed like 10 min to patch cuz u were using incrementals and the earlier patches were like 30 mb, but like right now the patch is well over 400mb.

and did u remember to defrag ur harddrive? whenever u place a hefty file like bf2 on ur hd, its always good to defrag

Comment

eh i got the FULL patch 1.3...i have had it b4...and it never lagged...i dont need to show u my specs cuz my computer can play bf2 with out any probs...or it used to...yea...if u need to no my specs...i have a radeon 9500 and 786 mb of ram...or do u need just about everything?

Comment

Originally posted by archanos
                  eh i got the FULL patch 1.3...i have had it b4...and it never lagged...i dont need to show u my specs cuz my computer can play bf2 with out any probs...or it used to...yea...if u need to no my specs...i have a radeon 9500 and 786 mb of ram...or do u need just about everything?
                  Just having those 2 items are fine. You should really have 1GB of RAM and the 9500 is scraping the bottom of the barrell in terms of a graphics card that can run BF2.

With those specs I would expect in game lag, although that doesn't solve your issue with it crashing or not loading - although this can happen when you have graphical settings set too high for your system. Have you tried setting everything to low, and maybe lowering your resolution? Cause if you try that, and the game runs smoothly, you know its time to go for an upgrade.

Also do a virus and spyware check. And as ConscriptVirus said, the patches can take quite some time to install, so set it running and take a break till its done.

Comment

eh...i thought so about the ram...ya i played bf2 fine months ago with everything the same..exept for the mods...and back then i had all my settings on low or off...now i have them(2 medium and low to off..)ill try virus scanning..i have it patched now.it lags still...the music does and all maps...still take a long time to load maps..

Comment

Unfortunately the recommended system requirements of the game have actually increased through the patching (although EA would never admit that).

I would try setting the resolution to really low as well as everything to low and off (maybe 800 x 600) so you can rule your hardware out.

Comment

Working...
                      X