Commander Screen help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander Screen help

As a commander, if I give a squad an order to "attack here," or defend, or repair, or whatever... and the squad leader says yes... I see a line from his position to where I told him to attack. Now, let's say somebody captures that flag, or repairs the radar, or defends the flag, or whatever... but the line from him to that point is still following him around on the map. Is there a way to get rid of that order?

I realize that giving him a new order would get rid of the old one, but sometimes I just want to get rid of the old without putting a new line on the map or bothering him. (It's also annoying to be playing with a constant "attack here" at a friendly flag pointer for half the game that I'd rather get rid of...) Any thoughts?

Also, sometimes I'll be zoomed on one part of the map, and somebody elsewhere will send out a "need support" or "need repairs" message, but by the time I zoom out to where I can see the whole map, his dot is no longer flashing yellow. If it was a "request supply drop" I could right-click the icon and "accept" it, but other than asking him (and spamming the whole team) to repeat his request, I'm not sure how to know who asked for repairs. Actually, I can tell "who" asked -- his name is on the "need ___" text, but how do I quickly locate him on the battlefield so I can drop a crate to him?

Thanks

Re: Commander Screen help

Comment

I don't think that link helps. . . and certianly it is a link to a large thread and if the information is in there, it is still hard to find.

I do not know of a way. But why do you care? let them suffer with the line on their screen. heheh. Or just give them a new order. You must want them to do SOMETHING. . .so just tell them to do it.

Comment

honestly i wish there was a way to cancel an order. If the squad leader dictates an order to his squad, the new line will appear.

As far as the "requesting ammo", you won't see that blinking. Only if you are a support class will you see the three-bullet icon on your map.

Comment

Okay, how about this... if I want to locate "SoldierJoeBagODonuts" quickly on the map, is there a way to do that (assuming he isn't a squad leader)?

Thanks for the replies, evilz & troybob.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenTree
            Okay, how about this... if I want to locate "SoldierJoeBagODonuts" quickly on the map, is there a way to do that (assuming he isn't a squad leader)?

Thanks for the replies, evilz & troybob.
            Not that I know of other than zooming in all the way and looking through all the smurfs.

Comment

Working...
            X