No More Laggggggging !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Laggggggging !

I have had as many problems as the rest since puting pach 1.3 on my system. All of the servers were unplayable because the stutttttering was terrible. I did clean re-install, updated punkbuster, changed graphics, checked my ram, defragged HDD, moved pagefile (ended up turning it off ) , added another admin account etc but still unplayable.

Then......the dreaded black screen of death and PC shut down and wouldn't turn back on. Removed cover of case only to find the cpu heatsing and fan had fallen off . The bracket had broken. Anyway, blew out the pc with compressed air, removed all the hardware from the Mobo, milled up a new stronger bracket and put everything back together.

Long story short, have no more lagging on any servers even when everyone (64 map) is attacking 1 flag that we are desperatly trying to defend. It's been 3 days heaven. Even able to put the graphics back up to where they should be and running additional programs in the background didn't even slow it down. Ingame framerate via renderer.drawfps 1 is 65/20

Could the removal and reinstallation of all the components have removed any reistance that may have been present between the components and the mobo in the 2 years that have passed since the pc was built?

Could this be the magic lagging fix:

P4 3.2 Ghz
    2 gig ram
    Fx5900xt Overclocked
    P4P800E asus mobo
    1500/256 adsl

Re: No More Laggggggging !

After two years of use, the computer and the components gather a hell lot of dust. My computer had so much dust inside it, that it reduced me to 10 fps on all low graphichs settings. After cleaning it, it ran smoothly on med/high.

A lot of crappy software/malware/greyware gathers as well. Reinstalling everything helps ALOT. The average optimal lifetime of an operating system (XP) that is connected to the internet, is around two years. After this period of time, performance is drastically reduced. This varies a bit, depending on amount of use, internet usage, antivirus programs etc. Dont trust anti-spyware programs, they dont help much.

Comment

Yea.... I thinnk I will have to do the same in the next week or so I too am getting lagged up and my specs are no tthe worst... or are they?

P4 2.55 ghz
      2.5 gig ram
      Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb

give your thoughts,....

Comment

true true.. i went down me local shops and bought a bag of compressed air what a job that done,running perfecto!!!

Comment

your video card isnt that great mebe? im not that sure though?

Comment

Nothing beats a good PC cleaning...I should do mine today.

Comment

i simply use a small hand pump to blow dust out of my pc. gets my arm sore after awhile.

Comment

Working...
              X