Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Administrating servers/How monitor games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrating servers/How monitor games?

I am new to administrating servers. How can I monitor/watch games played on my BF2 server? I am thinking that I would use the Battlefield demo recorder from what I have read on these forums so far to catch cheaters, etc.

How can I use the battlefield demo recorder to watch the games as they are being played? Can I do this without taking up a player spot on the server? (I have never used the demo recorder before.)

Does anyone know where I can find a good BF2 admin. tutorial?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Re: Administrating servers/How monitor games?

You need to go over to

and ask those questions there. They developed the admining software and can be most useful.

Comment

You can only see what everyone else sees, admins don't have any special tools that allow them to watch every player.

If you want to ghost a player here is how you do it. Make sure you are dead, then click anywhere on the spawn screen "but" a spawn point so you won't spawn. Then in the top right hand corner of the spawn screen click the X. Then you can use C the cycle camera views to cycle between all the players in 3rd person view. If you have your server setup for freecam you can fly around the map using tha wasd keys and your mouse.

If you want to use BR, you need to set it up for your server and then you can only watch the game after the round has finished.

Comment

By all means use freecam.

Comment

Just make sure you have scripts running that restart the server when it crashes, etc.

Comment

you cannot use brecorder to watch games AS they are played
            using free cam works = but it is hard to 'follow' a player that is active
            (buy you can do it after a while)
            do as they said above
            go to bf2cc.com and read their forums
            admining is 'fun' - NOT - it is HARD WORK to do it right

good luck
            ps
            if you need any help - drop me a PM

Comment

Working...
            X