bf2 not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf2 not loading

i got a new monitor, the viewsonic 19" 2ms latency lcd, and i loaded up bf2 and played it for a while then stopped. well im picking bf2 up again after about 2 months of not playing at all and i try to load bf2 and it starts out good, the screen goes black like its about to load the login screen but then there are a few red lines and spots and then it goes back to the desktop. i think its trying to load some monitor settings that my monitor doesnt support. any ideas how i can change these or if anything else might the reason?

- i reinstalled bf2 and patched it up to 1.3

Re: bf2 not loading

Delete the contents of:

c:\Documents and Settings\<Your Username>\My Documents\Battlefield 2

Be sure you know your username and password to log into BFHQ, you'll have to retrieve your account again.

You won't lose your account..you won't lose any stats. You'll just lose your settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
      Delete the contents of:

c:\Documents and Settings\<Your Username>\My Documents\Battlefield 2

Be sure you know your username and password to log into BFHQ, you'll have to retrieve your account again.

You won't lose your account..you won't lose any stats. You'll just lose your settings.

I have the exact smae problem and it didn't work for me? All drivers updated mother board drivers updated all vid cards updated. Brand new vid card.

2.4 pentium 4 processor
      800 XL Radeon
      1 gig of ram.

Comment

You could also try updating your LCD monitor drivers

Comment

reinstall, thats what i had to do and it fixed it

Comment

He did re-install...read the OP

Comment

maybe its the monitor? u tried it on another pc?

Comment

Talus , Dude , thank you very much, i was having the same issue as the original post here, deleted the files in that folder , grabbed my account again and off i go, my only difference was i just bought my LCD and was panicked thinkin it wasn't gonna work with BF2 , i was searching EA's forums and found no fixes , thats sweet dude thx again !!!!

Comment

Working...
                X