ROE Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROE Questions

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)
    First off, why is flag hopping banned? When your team only has one flag left and your squad hops in a helo to cap some flags fast to get more spawns and to slow the ticket ration, whats the harm in that?

Second, C4-Ramming, aka ''doing a jihad'' or driving a ''jihad jeep'' happens to me all of the time. I dont see why this is banned as well. Yea it pisses me off, but it is funny to watch. Of course this stuff does happen in RL. So I dont understand why this is against the rules. And would it be ok if you drove a jihad tank, because it is 'slow moving'

What are your thoughts?

Re: ROE Questions

Next thing they are going to reset your stats for ramming the enmy heli by accident

Comment

They aren't "against the rules." They are things that server admin's have the option to enforce on their server (provided it's clearly labeled.) The most they can do it ban you from their server for it (most will warn you, then kick you, and ban if you come back and be and do it again.) If you really have your heart set on using a particular tactic, then find another server. It doesn't change the game really, since your opponent has to abide by them also.

The main point of contention I see is when clans kick people for breaking their rules, but do nothing when their own members do it.

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly
        They aren't "against the rules." They are things that server admin's have the option to enforce on their server (provided it's clearly labeled.) The most they can do it ban you from their server for it (most will warn you, then kick you, and ban if you come back and be and do it again.) If you really have your heart set on using a particular tactic, then find another server. It doesn't change the game really, since your opponent has to abide by them also.
        yes - these are only server (clan) OPTIONS ! !!

The main point of contention I see is when clans kick people for breaking their rules, but do nothing when their own members do it.
        We do a great job of policing our server - we ALL follow our rules
        only HARD thing is when some one on 'our side' (ie same side as our clan) breaks the rules and other team starts a non-stop rant about it
        and our admin (eg ME) spends the next ten minutes trying to determine who it was because the 'ranters' are too lazy to get the names of the offenders'

Comment

Jihad-jeeping isn't against the roe. The roe just recommends to avoid such actions.

Comment

Working...
          X