when to switch semi auto shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when to switch semi auto shot?

I got this game about 3 weeks ago so I'm kind of curious what other people do and I might just go try it. Last few days, I tried just going purely semi auto but of course I always lost in close quarter combat situations but I would win in long range situations most of the time. However, today I went back to full auto and now i'm rockin in close quarters and medium range, but it takes me forever to win those long range because i zoom and shoot and besides the first bullet, all the other bullets fly and so my gun recoils and then I have to readjust. should i click to semi auto after i prone or just shoot in bursts in full auto? i rather be trying to get the first shot off in full auto than taking that time to switch to semi auto. so what do you do?

Re: when to switch semi auto shot?

Just find your own gaming style man. Its not that hard to switch between the two.

I have a mouse with forward and backward buttons by my thumb for web pages, i have the back button set as the alternate button for my primary weapon. So i just tap my thumb and it switches...I got a kick out of it at first, one cause it made things a lot easier and two the animation that plays when you switch uses the same thumb. I always have it on one shot unless someone is close by and i'd need full auto, and if i enter a building or alley. if you don't have a mouse with extra buttons set your alternate prim weapon to something close to wsad that you don't use. Like x(x is my shock paddles, supply bag, wrench, c4, claymores)

Comment

I have a thumb button which I have set for weapon 3, so its pretty simple. Semi for range, and full auto for close quarters. You just have to use some judgement.

Comment

It depends on the map for me. I usually roll with my rifle on semi until I come to enclosed terrain such as a street with buildings such as karkand or mashtuur where a guy might pop up in front of me. But 20 meter or more shots semi is the best way to go for the kill.

Comment

I use semi pretty much always, just because I want to kill the enemy long to mid range. If he does get close range you'll see me clicking like mad, and have a 70% success rate at close range.

Comment

Originally posted by matasho
            I got this game about 3 weeks ago so I'm kind of curious what other people do and I might just go try it. Last few days, I tried just going purely semi auto but of course I always lost in close quarter combat situations but I would win in long range situations most of the time. However, today I went back to full auto and now i'm rockin in close quarters and medium range, but it takes me forever to win those long range because i zoom and shoot and besides the first bullet, all the other bullets fly and so my gun recoils and then I have to readjust. should i click to semi auto after i prone or just shoot in bursts in full auto? i rather be trying to get the first shot off in full auto than taking that time to switch to semi auto. so what do you do?
            Poses question.

Experiments.

Gathers data.

Conclusion obvious.

What went wrong with your ability to synthesize your own information?

Comment

Obviously semi-automatic is better for long range.. with full-auto being best for close quarters.

I know that generally, I operate with full-automatic selected until I sight enemy infantry at a distance..

Comment

Depends on the gun. For LMGs and SMGs I leave them in full auto all the time, the former for obvious reasons and the latter because I have no intentions of using them at long ranges. ARs and carbines I'll generally leave on single-shot mode unless I know I'm heading into some CQC situations, in which case I go full auto/burst (unless I have the L85 in which case I just flip the gun around and whack people with the handle instead).

~Wolfgang

Comment

Depends on the map. Karkand I run in full auto, unless i see someone far, then I switch to semi.

Just remember, that if you switch to full auto in a close encounter your probably dead.

however, switching to semi in a far encounter, u have a lot more time, because those take more time to pick each other off. I like to dance around and move while I am swithching to semi, and then I lay prone, and bust him out.

Comment

I keep it on full-auto (cuz I like to be able to answer with a very quick hail of bullets if I get surprised by someone), but I'll switch to semi for longer-range engagements... and then put it right back to full-auto again, just in case. I find there are fewer things worse (for me at least) than getting caught out unexpectedly at close range with semi-auto selected...

Comment

Why don't you click your own single shots on full auto?

I only switch to semi auto if I have a burst gun or L85A1

Comment

I do tend to keep the bursts short on full-auto (unless I have someone right up in my face), but for longer ranges I still find single-shot more accurate than a controlled full-auto...

Comment

Its obvious, when you are rolling into a base to cap a flag, your on semi. Once you get in, switch it to full for defense.

I set mine to my mouse wheel. Just had to push it down and it will switch. Which is also good when you are on another weapon, just hit it and it goes straight to your primary weap.

Comment

I run around with auto (just in case I run into someone suddenly)...but switch to single shot when I know where my enemy is in the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisVon
                              Its obvious, when you are rolling into a base to cap a flag, your on semi. Once you get in, switch it to full for defense.

I set mine to my mouse wheel. Just had to push it down and it will switch. Which is also good when you are on another weapon, just hit it and it goes straight to your primary weap.
                              lol exact same way i do it

Comment

Working...
                              X