Name changes available yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name changes available yet?

I don't read too much about BF2 as I only play it casually when I get bored of WoW and I was wondering if I am able to change my name yet without losing my stats cause I want to join a clan or something?

Re: Name changes available yet?

Nope, not yet (and probably not ever, actually).

~Wolfgang

Comment

I wonder why?

Comment

You can add a prefix to your existing name I believe; not sure how tho.. do a search.

Comment

You can add a prefix to your name by typing it in the prefix box at the top right when logging in and no as of yet you can't change your name. As others have already said I doubt it will be implemented that you can change your name.

The biggest pro argument about leaving it as it is, is that server admins can keep a better eye on trouble makers if their stuck with the same name.

Comment

After a year I doubt Dice/EA will change the entire gamespy ID system.

Comment

Keep it, its a great system. Compared to some other games where you can change your name on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                Keep it, its a great system. Compared to some other games where you can change your name on the fly.
                Yeah, I agree. I remember in BF:V people would go into the console and change their names mid-game to make them similar to someone else in the server just to cause confusion. At least now if someone wants to do that they have to log completley out of the game and create a brand new account to do it.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I could have sworn I saw a similiar topic on this a couple of days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                    After a year I doubt Dice/EA will change the entire gamespy ID system.

Its possible to change your name through gsa though. I can edit the profile my BF2 runs off I wanted to. I just am scared it'd **** up my stats to try it.

Comment

I contacted DICE about this in March. In June they replied saying that the way the stats system is coded, they couldn't implement a name change system. They said to 'expect something much better' for 2142.

Comment

what can possibly be better than being able to change names?

Comment

i reckon if they could jsut allow one week for one name change with 1.4

Comment

Much better for 2142....

hmm.... only thing better than able to change your name, is to have your name change it for you! So all of the sudden, my name goes from "James Bond" to "James Bond Owns you"..... now this I LIKE!

Comment

I think having the ability to change it ONCE in a years time would be outstanding and wouldn't be too hard to add. But what the hell do I know.

Comment

Working...
                              X