Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game crashes to desktop. Never used too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashes to desktop. Never used too.

I have a AMD 64 3.7 with 1Gb ram and a radeon 9700. (laptop)

The game always ran fine until i formatted my laptop. when ever i start the game it crashes back to windows with no error message. It does this during game play and also in the menu stage, ussualy within a few minutes of starting the game.

I have formatted a couple times before and never had a problem, however this time i'v no luck.

Im using the same graphics drivers as before. would really appreciate your help.

Re: Game crashes to desktop. Never used too.

If you game crashes when you press "JOIN GAME", then u should wait couple of secs (5-10secs) before pressing it.

Comment

use the full 1.3 patch? alot of peeps get this problem too.

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodevans
        The game always ran fine until i formatted my laptop.
        Well, there's your answer. You're probaby using a windows default driver instead of the hardware driver specific for one of your components, or you are running with an old driver.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I've formatted a few times before and have used the same drivers for all my hardware. i'v tried playing the game with and without the patches and the same thing keeps happening. Cant understand why this time things are different.

thanks
          jarrod

P.S. currently serving in afghanistan, so there sooner i manage to sort
          this out the sooner i get a little more moral.

Comment

allways happy to help soldiers out

right click the shortcut > click properties > change "+fullscreen 1" to "+fullscreen 0" > run the game and note down the error message (specifically what's after "Text:")

hope this helps

Comment

the game is known to crash alot since the 1.3 patchso i usually wait like the 10ish seconds b4 it joins the game for me

Comment

thanks for the advice (ikillnothing)

however I did what u said but when the game crashes it doesnt give me an error message.

anymore advice would be much appriciated.

Comment

Working...
                X