Welp I lost my map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welp I lost my map

I was working on a map had to reinstall Bf2 (manual uninstall) needless to say its gone why oh why didnt they make BFeditor its own program not combined with BF2 so if you delete BF2 it doesnt delete it I dont know. Just a warning dont let this happen to you

Re: Welp I lost my map

Try doing a System Restore...

Comment

Thats what I did and now im getting these errors when I try to open up the editor

No background pictures found! [Make sure Working Directory is correct]

and

Failed to load CommandDescriptions.dat [Make sure Working Directory is correct]

Comment

If you ran the System Restore and was able to get your map folder back then copy that to your desktop.

I recommend uninstalling everything and then reinstalling BF2, full patch 1.3, and Editorv1.3.

Then copy the map folder from your desktop to your mod\Levels folder.

It should work.

Comment

its not there, Is there any free "File Get-er-backer" programs?

Comment

Not that I am aware of. However, I do recommend GetBackData from http://www.runtime.org

Comment

Im back again :-/ I found some screenshots and I want to try this again, The system restore didnt work I cant seem to figure out how to work your program you told me about. Any ideas?

Comment

In order for GetBackData to work you have to remove your existing hard drive and install it as a slave drive on a different PC. Then run GetBackData on the slave drive. You will have to follow Runtime's instructions on their site or help file.

The program does work. I have been able to recover files on a drive that have been reformatted/repartitioned numerous times...

However, it is not 100% depending upon how full your drive is with data.

Comment

You mean remove it from my computer :-/ Yeah I cant do that.,

Comment

To the best of my knowledge you have to run any data recovery program on a completely different disk than the one you are trying to recover.

Why can't you remove your disk and install it as a slave drive on a friend's computers and run the data recovery?

Comment

Isnt there a easier way?

Comment

Originally posted by CyberDuck
                        Isnt there a easier way?
                        The easiest way went down the drain when you ignored to make backups

Comment

Working...
                        X