Anti-Aliasing in BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Aliasing in BF2

Alright, I'm not too savvy on this video feature in the game..

I've got mine set to "Off" currently, but am wondering what the pros and cons are about it? Does the game really look that much better with it turned on? Anyone running 6x?

Re: Anti-Aliasing in BF2

what is Anti-Aliasing?
    i know where it is i have it off cous i cant support high video card settings:'(

Comment

Anti-Aliasing applies a bit of a blur that blends in with the colors of an object it removes the JAGGED edges of everything the higher the Setting it the more smooth everything looks.

Comment

My dad runs all his settings on uber high Anti-Aliasing X 4 and it looks great

You can see reflections of mountains om the windows of jets an choppers you can see the carrier reflection in the water, Soilders are much more detailed and so on but of corse you have to have a damn good computer to have your settings that high

Comment

I might give it a try then.. thanks for the responses.

Comment

If you have AA off you can see the console.

Comment

I wish i could run AA x 4

Comment

You need at least 4x AA or be running a high resolution (1600x1200 and up)

Everything looks much smoother, no "jaggies". The towers, vehicles and fences are much smoother with it on.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberDuck
                  If you have AA off you can see the console.
                  In-game AA option doesn't have an effect on the console. Its the nvidia/ati's control panel. Just set those to Application Controlled.

Comment

With my card (6800GS AGP 256mb) AA is a waste of time in BF2 settings..., i turn it to off and use the nvidia driver settings i get much better performance, plus ive found if you turn up the resolution to anything above 1280x1024 theres not a great deal of need for AA.

Comment

Okay, AA basically turns those jaggie straight lines into nice smooth lines. Like on a telephone wire that runs across Sharqi, or on basically any object that is composed of lines (most of the objects in the game).

It takes a high graphics card to run it a lot of the time. Yes, I run it at 6x, but I have ATI's leading card right now, the X1900xtx, and I got two of them.

Here is a formal defition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_aliasing

Comment

oooh kool

Comment

i used to use 4 x AA BUT since the damn thing has become soo laggy ive had to reduce some settings to medium and turn AA off, i run it at 1280 x 1024, having AA on is slightly cleaner, but it does absolutely nothnig for reflections or water( only if it looks jaggy with AA of it wont with AA on ), it does give you a slight advantage with players at a distance, i.e. if AA is off, the might occupy 20 pixels, but with AA on they'll occupy more, e.g. 30 pixels giving you a slightly increased change of hitting them if youre a sniper

Comment

i never used it in bf2 since my video card would just die trying...but ive tried it in sims 2 and everything was a tiny bit blurrier but it looked amazing...

Comment

I play with all settings on low or off except for AA which I have at 6x.

Looks great and runs very smooth...

Comment

Working...
                              X