Need Lag Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Lag Help...

I understand this should go in the Tech Forum, but not many seem to visit that forum.

I'm hoping someone can help out my brother.
    Problem: Recently after he D/L and installed AF, his BF2 experience has become SUPER laggy. It loads fine, join the game and it is extremely laggy then the PC freezes after about 10 secs. Then a restart is needed.

Computer Specs:
    AMD 64 3800+
    1GB RAM
    Nvidia FX5700
    10k RPM HD

I took a look at his drivers, and saw they were behind. So I updated to most recent video drivers. Chipset drivers are fine, since he ordered the PC pre-assembled. He has to play Med/Low or Med settings. He understands his gfx card isn't the best as we all can see. haha

So I'm wondering if AF has caused his game to lag up. Pre AF install, game ran smooth. Installed AF, was laggy. Reinstalled BF2 w/o AF and ran fine. Reinstalled AF over the top again, and is laggy.

Any suggestions for this occurence?

Re: Need Lag Help...

More to do with the new patch I thought. I've got lag now as well.

Comment

my guess is his video settings
      which often get reset after loading a patch
      make sure shadows are OFF
      that is the most frequent culprit
      and , as we 'preach' up dates (ie fast fps) are KING
      then with that graphics card - I would turn all setting to lowest possible
      or off when able
      and also the lowest resolution

Comment

Sometimes if you change the resolution from higher (1280x1024) to lower (800x600) it might help, helped me on CoD2, and ofcourse bf2.

Comment

That video card is a bit dated. I'd look to investing in a 7800GTX, with that processor and mobo. It's like putting hubcaps on a brand new Corvette.

Moved to support...

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
            That video card is a bit dated. I'd look to investing in a 7800GTX, with that processor and mobo. It's like putting hubcaps on a brand new Corvette.

Moved to support...
            Here's the problem: My dad works for HP and gets deals on PCs. We see this on the website called a "Gaming Computer."
            AMD 3800+ processor, was SUPPOSED to come w/ 6800 Ultra video card, and 2GB of RAM.

He gets the computer, it came with 1GB of RAM and FX5700 gfx card. We call them up, they say the other ram is the video card or some sh!t like that. To top it off, it's an AGP board. So the 7800GTX won't work, since it's PCI. I told him to look into the 6600GT b/c he's lookin for a card under $200.

Like you said, putting hubcaps on a Corvette, it's ridiculous they have that nice processor w/ that HORRIBLE gfx card. It was such a screw job. If he had gotten what he THOUGHT he was getting, the processor and gfx card would have easily covered the $600 price tag on the computer.

Comment

Working...
            X