Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graphic Configuration

Originally posted by Sparky_General
    Ok you tell me the textures are the problem, if I put the textures high, what is your recommandation to put lower ?
    The only way you can put textures on high without lag is to get more ram. Medium textures use about 900mbs of ram, whilebumping up to high uses around 1.2gbs. (correct me if im wrong) So lowering other things wont help.

Comment

What is the other thing take the most of your ram ? I will put lower to make my textures high...

Comment

Put textures on medium unless you can get more RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
          Put textures on medium unless you can get more RAM.
          Ok... 2GB memory will be all right ? its will be all right to put my textures high and everything high and not lags ?

Comment

Yes, 2 GB will do it.

It's worth it.

Comment

Ok thank's for your great help guys !!!

Now what is your recommendation for 2GB memory.

Comment

Ok thank's for your great help guys !!!

Now what is your recommendation for 2GB memory.
                Find 1GB to match your existing kingston? Unless its 2 x 512MB modules, in which case you'll need 2 stick of 1GB.

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
                  Find 1GB to match your existing kingston? Unless its 2 x 512MB modules, in which case you'll need 2 stick of 1GB.
                  I have only one memory, 1GB and that's all... Ok, you tell me I have to buy the same memory, and 2x 1GB give the memory 2GB, but what you do to match this memory's.... This method give me the opportunity to not buy a 2GB card ? They really work's ???

Comment

I have only one memory, 1GB and that's all... Ok, you tell me I have to buy the same memory, and 2x 1GB give the memory 2GB, but what you do to match this memory's.... This method give me the opportunity to not buy a 2GB card ? They really work's ???
                    My advice is all relative to what you want to spend. In an ideal world where you have heaps of cash (and you might do, I don't know), you would go out and buy a matched pair of Corsair or similarly expensive branded memory with copper heatsinks and all the bollocks. Or, you could look at the sticker on the side of your existing ram, make note of the speed, and buy another stick of the same brand and speed, which should run dual channel fine.

Comment

My advice is all relative to what you want to spend. In an ideal world where you have heaps of cash (and you might do, I don't know), you would go out and buy a matched pair of Corsair or similarly expensive branded memory with copper heatsinks and all the bollocks. Or, you could look at the sticker on the side of your existing ram, make note of the speed, and buy another stick of the same brand and speed, which should run dual channel fine.
                      I believe I am going to buy the same . I still have the bill. But to put them together, how I can make that ? So that gives a dual memory...

Comment

I believe I am going to buy the same . I still have the bill. But to put them together, how I can make that ? So that gives a dual memory...
                        Well I havent looked into your motherboard, but if its got 4 RAM slots, two will be one color and two will be another color, just make sure you put the RAM in slots of the same color and it should run in dual channel mode (your bios will confirm this when you boot). This will be faster than just have 1 2GB stick anyway.

Comment

Well I havent looked into your motherboard, but if its got 4 RAM slots, two will be one color and two will be another color, just make sure you put the RAM in slots of the same color and it should run in dual channel mode (your bios will confirm this when you boot). This will be faster than just have 1 2GB stick anyway.
                          Thank's for your great description ! I will be do this...

Comment

I might of read your guys posts wrong, but you dont need to buy 2 sticks, just one. b/c u already have a 1 gig stick.

Scan your system here to find out what memory you need, but dont buy from their, they are overpriced.

And i was told that two 1 gig sticks are faster than one 2 gig stick, due to dual channel, but whatev

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                              I might of read your guys posts wrong, but you dont need to buy 2 sticks, just one. b/c u already have a 1 gig stick.
                              http://www.crucial.com/index.asp
                              Scan your system here to find out what memory you need, but dont buy from their, they are overpriced.

And i was told that two 1 gig sticks are faster than one 2 gig stick, due to dual channel, but whatev
                              Yeah, thats pretty much the crux of what I was getting at.

Comment

I will buy the same memory and do what you tell me to did, Brind him at the same color ...

Comment

Working...
                                X