Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i need help from someone who knows about modding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help from someone who knows about modding.

is there any way for me to go about removing/adding vehicles from a singleplayer map like karkand?
    i have the BF2 map editor thing but i couldnt add anyting with that... maybe i wasn't doing anything right, but yeah.
    any help would be appriciated, preferably detailed instructions.

thanks. Bartzis

Re: i need help from someone who knows about modding.

i can tell you how, but, i only know a way so that you cant play that map anymore online, is that ok?

Comment

Easiest way is to create a new mod folder then copy the CONTENTS of the BF2 mod into it. This allows you to mod/map all you want without affecting the BF2 mod thus allowing you to play online.

Then you can edit the gameplayobjects.con file in the server.zip of the map folder. No need for the editor...

You can add/delete/replace items all using Notepad. However, I recommend the Editor for exact placement of objects.

What exactly are you wanting to do? I can probably do it in about 15 minutes depending on what you want...

Comment

sorry for the late reply... i was at work. to the point.....

well, i wanted a blackhawk to be able to spawn in the strike at karkand map; and i want it to spawn near the main un-cappable US base. and i want to remove all of the vehicles from the map as well, like no tanks, jeeps, apc's, no nothing.

it doesn't matter if i can't play the map online anymore.... not my fav one to play online IMO.

anyways, help would be greatly appriciated. thanks.

Comment

Got it. I'll work on in later tonight and post the file for you.

That is very easy to do. I will create a simple mod with this one modified map. It will come with an installer. All you do is just run the install program and then launch the mod from the shortcut on your desktop.

FFOLKES

Comment

awesome. thank you so much.

Comment

No problem.

You will have 16, 32, and 64 SP/Co-op Strike at Karkand maps. Big thanks goes to xstax981 and the BFSP team for creating the maps. I will just modify the Karkand map as you wish.

Comment

thanks again.... you see, im making a black hawk down movie kind of thing and.... well... a black hawk would be great... actually, could you put 3 in there... if you could, please make them spawn beside eachother but not too close. thanks. sorry to be such a hassle, but i appriciate it.

PS: im just wondering if there is there a mod out there that adds vehicle enter exit animations?

Comment

Not that I am aware of...

Comment

thats okay.
                    (edit) k, im heading for bed... i'll check back in the morning.

Comment

Here you go...enjoy!

Download from FILEFRONT

Comment

awesoeme dude. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X