DXTweak2, tool a pilot should use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXTweak2, tool a pilot should use.

DXTeak2 is a great tool, often underestimated, or often neglected. With DXTweak2 I managed to squeeze out a few extra months from my old Logitech Attack 3 joystick, which potentiometres were dead. It has a deadzone regulator, adjustable sensitivity regulator and center adjuster. Granted, its a little hard to use, BUT, its worth to have a look into. Additionally, this thing can replace the limited, and often hated Logitech Wingman Gaming Software.

So why, and how do I use DXTweak2?

For one, its often unnecessary to drag your joystick all the way across its area to do sharp turns. For F35B it means underusing its main strenght, which is fast response and great roll time, pretty much same for F18 aswell. For all jets, bringing the "Pitch Up" closer to the center of the joystick means you have a faster maximum loop speed than your opponent, which isnt much, BUT is still an advantage. As most F35B pilots know, advantage is an advantage, everything youve got, has to be used...

So:

First configuration, useful for all jets, not that useful for chronic baserapists, but meant to help dogfighters. Picture describes what I mean. Y-Axis "pull up" motion is "packed" together, meaning- sensitivity is increased only on the "pitch up" part of the Y-Axis. Additionally you can assign a deadzone, in my case its 10%, because I like to move my hand on the stick a lot, and it creates a lot of unnecessary movement. I basically like to keep my jet unstable. Additionally you can come up with setup you like yourself.

Further:

Roll motion. Or banking. Sensitivity increased so it takes ~50% of the original "full" motion to reach the maximum roll speed, thus decreasing the time and using maximum maneuverability faster.

Readjusting to both of these changes can be a serious issue, but only temporarily.

Some joysticks suffer from many problems when their potentiometres are damaged enough. For example, shifting in center, to the right, or to the left. Thus creating a situation where joystick is "normal" when you try to roll to the left, and completely "numb" when rolling to the right. To be more specific- roll speed to the left is "normal" 3 second, roll speed to the right is "abnormal" 5-6-7-.... To fix this, you can bring the maximum of the right-roll closer to the centre, for example. Sometimes they get a little jumpy when not moving, or react to small movements too much. To soften it up, you should increase the deadzone. And although it says that the "deadzone settings will not persist", they actually do persist.

Have fun with your half dead joystick, or tweaking your alive joystick for more comfort and more control.

EDIT: Heres the link to download.

http://www.wingmanteam.com/files/Too...2/DXTweak2.exe

Re: DXTweak2, tool a pilot should use.

Link?

Comment

Added, sorry. Thought the name was enough for people to google it :P

EDIT:

http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_so...DX%20Tweak%202

Check this link out, Wingman team has a lot of cool stuff for joysticks and whatnot. Freedom 2.4 users scroll down to the bottom and check the "Caffeine" utility, which sets the sleep times for your sleepy joystick.

Comment

You don't know the same people I do then

Most people would rather not search..which is why the forums are in the state they are in :laugh:

I have seen it on the Wingman page .. I use the JoyIDs appliation from there.

good stuff

Comment

Omg!! You own an Attack 3!! your awsome =0!

Comment

M-M-M-M-M-M-M-Mega Bump!

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
              M-M-M-M-M-M-M-Mega Bump!
              :laugh:

Comment

Im glad it was bumped though, this may be just what I need
                Chris, I got a Logitech Extreme 3D pro, and from day 1 it felt sorta loose, it feels like there is a little "play" in the stick which will cause my jet to constantly fly slightly tilted to the right if I dont pay attention to the hud close enough, also as soon as I grab a hold of it to take off in the jet it wants to start turning right.
                And even if Im flying along and take my hand off the joystick it will start rolling right gradually, Ive heard numerous people tell me to adjust the pin using Logitech software but there is nothing in there to do that.

Will this program let me do that, and will it help me or should I just trash this stick??

Comment

This will do just fine. Either change the center or add some deadzone, or both. Eentually any joystick will act like you described.

Comment

holy poop!!!!

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

I still got some more tweaking to do, but the more I mess around with it the more I like it. I was having ALOT of trouble getting pulled back out of a dive bomb, as I always seemed to just barely miss the trees or even hit them no matter how hard or fast I pulled up, man I can change direction real fast now, it does take a little getting used to but the general feel is WAAAAAAY better, very responsive!!

I guess a late..... THANKS CHRIS!!

Comment

Youre kindly welcome, sir.

Comment

cool man now all i need is a joystik

Comment

darkpoop you need more than a joystick LOL

Comment

when I get another stick I think I'll use this

Comment

cool ill try it i just got my logitech stick about a month ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X