How to play Karkand. An overall view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to play Karkand. An overall view

omg i hate dem damn noobs who just dont car if they lose all the flags EXEPT for the hotel...god damn!cant ever do anything..and i thought bf2 was made for teamwork...

Comment

Originally posted by archanos
      and i thought bf2 was made for teamwork...
      No ,it's made for stats

wanna get great SPMs ? let's revive anybody in any situation!

wanna get a good K/Dr ? let's r*pe the hotel and not cap it!

wanna get a better K/Dr ? let's TK for vehicles!

wanna get a huge K/Dr ? let's use bugs or haxx!!

sigh~

Comment

Its true, Karkand is mainly for scores/stats rather than teamplay. I dont always like to work as a team, so its fun to go in and snipe/kill fools that go for all the common choke points.

Comment

I play to sharpen my skills and don't even know what the score is most of the time. I don't usually cap mains because I want the enemy to have their assets to make my job harder. It's easy on a pub with a squad to go take a cappable main and then dominate the enemy. It's so easy that it takes away the challenge.

Years ago when BF2 was out I ran around and tried to do everything I could to win. I would get guys together on TS and try to keep them organized but It only works some of the time. I love the game but team work on pub servers is sporadic at best.

For true organized play join a tourney or a ladder.
          TWL and Cal are some options. I like the bigger battles though and decide to join a tourney. Battles are for 10 hours on Thursday and Sunday and you can come and go as you please. You join 1 of 8 armies consisting of 2 Euor, 2MEC, 2 Chinese and 2 MC.

You get assigned to a company and you can work your way up if you want to Captain and even General or stay a private and let someone else lead the battles. Either way there is communication and teamwork and it's for everyone not just some elitists.

Here is a link:
          bf2combat.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, bf2combat.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

and the main site

Comment

BAH!thats besides the point...cant u understand sarcasm?

Comment

Yeah getting a mec point on their side of the river really changes the tempo of the game and really takes away the MEC advantage...

I would rank suburbs as #2 point to hold, it has the high ground, spread out spawn points and attack avenues to 2 points.

MainEack - Glad you joined a organized tourney, I had a blast being in a large battle tourney, still can't understand why anyone would play 5v5 or 8v8.

When we played Karkand, as MEC we would just stay on our side of the river and kill them as they came down. Of course we would make a few attacks on the burbs at map start but usually they failed.

We had 2 tanks on the river bridge (with engies behind repairing) taking out anything coming from suburbs. AT mining (21cw mod) the ramp to suburbs from train accident to protect against jihad.

It ended up being a war or attrition... Tanks and AT taking pot shots at each other all day long. Belive it or not it was kind of fun rather than the normal run'n'gun style of play normally.

Comment

try not swimming to the factory...i tried that one round and just as i was getting up the ramp, a few mec guys weer waiting for me, took me out pretty quickly
                the best way to do this is get an apc w/ an engy and drive up the right side where the action is usually quiet except for a few snipers, but theyre notthing and then just drive/dont stop to shoot and get to the factory

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                  try not swimming to the factory...i tried that one round and just as i was getting up the ramp, a few mec guys weer waiting for me, took me out pretty quickly
                  the best way to do this is get an apc w/ an engy and drive up the right side where the action is usually quiet except for a few snipers, but theyre notthing and then just drive/dont stop to shoot and get to the factory

If they were there waiting for you the commander was watching you and now knows your team will try that. It's funny but to this day, the river is STILL not watched by most Commanders. When US I will regularly try to swim across but I harldy ever use the ramps. Most of the time I make it without a scratch. When MEC quite often I'll guard the river to prevent swimmers from coming across and you'd be surprised how many times I request a scan from the commander only to be ignored. it seems that most Commanders on public servers have no idea how to comand.

Originally posted by G916F9
                  No ,it's made for stats

I agree but what good are stats if you still play like a retard!

Comment

My tips for Karkand

Play as MEC. Protect the main factory at all cost with a team who will do what you say like defend this position. 99.9% of the time the other side will take the main post to gain all the tanks and apcs making the MEC side loose. I have also found that if you set land mines one the train track this will help to stop jeeps from coming in, also set them just below the hill this will stop the other side from seeing them and in the water is a good one. Don't waste the land mines by dropping them in one place remember a couple well placed mines can do more damage than I straight line of them. Never place land mines in straight row easy seen and no doubt avoided. Place them by dotting them around making it much harder for a apc or tank to avoid.

If you are getting spawn killed at the hotel move to the next spawn position and go back and clear the area. Most of the USA side run over the hill to take the suburb. I found that if you stay close to the flag you can protect it quite easy. Also this will stop them from moving on taking control of the train area. Snipers are on the hill top just run behind them and knife them in the back. far too often snipers will have wasted the claymore and once spotted will stay put. When snipping move if you are spotted remember move and fire, never stay in the same place once you killed a couple.

Look at the other side UAV aircraft 99.99% is that the place the artillery will drop. Don't leave your team mate behind whilst u run off in the distant you will get hammered and they will then think I can please myself. When making a team get some who will be medics, support, assault and ati tank and use a mic as you can talk to the team saying what you want them to have for the next equipment.

I really can't think of any more but that is quite a lot to help u on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by spirit3
                      good advice.
                      to bad people(most people) only want to get get points, and don't care if there team loses.

Welcome to thailand, ooohhh guy lying on the floor, with a red cross aboVe him, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh easy kills, go for kills

SERIOUSLY!!! that happened to me, i was lying there with 4 medics that jus walked past me, i hate THAI serVers...

WOAH, i jus replied to a 1 month old thread!

Comment

good advice i'll have to put that to use.... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dandirk
                          Yeah getting a mec point on their side of the river really changes the tempo of the game and really takes away the MEC advantage...

I would rank suburbs as #2 point to hold, it has the high ground, spread out spawn points and attack avenues to 2 points.

MainEack - Glad you joined a organized tourney, I had a blast being in a large battle tourney, still can't understand why anyone would play 5v5 or 8v8.

When we played Karkand, as MEC we would just stay on our side of the river and kill them as they came down. Of course we would make a few attacks on the burbs at map start but usually they failed.

We had 2 tanks on the river bridge (with engies behind repairing) taking out anything coming from suburbs. AT mining (21cw mod) the ramp to suburbs from train accident to protect against jihad.

It ended up being a war or attrition... Tanks and AT taking pot shots at each other all day long. Belive it or not it was kind of fun rather than the normal run'n'gun style of play normally.
                          A couple of nights ago my squad got all the flags and the MEC fell back to the other side of the river. Holy crud trying to cross that bridge was impossible. Finally made it to the other side by swimming. As soon as we did the flag at the Hotel was captured. So back to the Hotel. I had to leave the game tho, you know to sleep. What a blast! wish I booked marked that server.

Comment

it should be in your favorites folder because you played it the favorites folder also acts as a history folder of the servers you play....

Comment

Not going to follow this because I'd probably end up with <-5 points.
                              But thanks.

Comment

right....

Comment

Working...
                                X