No Commander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Commander?

Hey all. Been playin this game since release and i must say that majority of people still miss the good ole DC days. Especially when sniping. Not only do you have commanders that will waste arty on one single sniper but now with this stupid cartillary, its just retarded. So now that you have vehicles as a server option (on or off) why can't you have an option to have commander on or off? Alot of people hate the commander exploits and with this off on the server, allows people tp play BF2 the way BF1942(DC) was played.

I know alot of people would like this, so please take this into consideration...

Re: No Commander?

Just gonna say it... This isn't DC, this is BF@.. Being commander is part of BF2... I do agree with you that the "cartillery" is retarded, but taking out commander IMO would mess up the game.

Comment

cartillery isn't retarded. If you don't notice an atv falling from the sky or a boat falling down on you.. you're retarded. The only thing they need to fix is stopping cartillery from destroying command assets.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
        cartillery isn't retarded. If you don't notice an atv falling from the sky or a boat falling down on you.. you're retarded. The only thing they need to fix is stopping cartillery from destroying command assets.
        "Cartillery" is retarded when the commander can drop a vehicle on your chopper/plane while your taking off. That is what is retarded about it

Comment

I like the idea. Take out the commander option, or atleast have the ability to nerf their assets. Commander without artillery and vechile drops would be nice on some maps.

Comment

LOL. I took out the same sniper 4 times in on round with cartillery. What was worse, I did it in the same spot all 4 times. It was on Mass Destruction across the water on the ridge of the spetz side. Regular artillery would have taken him out but I was having fun with the airborne ATV's. Snipe in the open, get killed by the commander.

That sniper was as bad as the fools that keeps spawning in with an enemy tank in the base. Instead of changing over to AT or Spec Ops, they keep spawning in as snipers. Even better is when the do get away from the tank, they lay down and start shooting at the tank with their sniper rifles. :laugh: Dummies!

Comment

maybe cars can only be dropped when asked for by squad leaders

Comment

^ thats a good idea

Comment

actually i see a lot these days that no one wants to be commander and 30% of the rounds I play there is no commander.

Comment

Commander job is boring, plus every one is always unhappy with you. Probably that's why I have only about 400 commander points.

Comment

2 signs your on a bad server.

1. No Commander and 2 squads
                      2. Commander in vehicle.

Comment

I find that when your team doesn't have a commander, it is worse off than even a team with a commander and no assets. No commander = no good, imho.

My beef - when a commander resigns... all you get is a little text display in the list of mass casualties. There should be a voice-over announcement!

:edit: or at least another "commander application" announcement like when you start a game.

Comment

Originally posted by DieEarlyDieOften
                          2 signs your on a bad server.

1. No Commander and 2 squads
                          2. Commander in vehicle.
                          I agree with number 2 as a commander should never enter a vehicle except to prevent the enemy from stealing it.

But number 1 i disagree with, just because no one want to be a commander does not mean the server is bad, just that a lot of players get bored with being commander and want to be on the front lines. Some of the funnest as well as most frustrating rounds i have played have been with no commander.

Comment

lol sounds like some poor sniper couldn't sit back and snipe.....

I live for dropping cars on your likes. Sniping and not relocating position every so often = nub move.

Comment

I took out an enemy APC with cartillary the other night - hey, if he's not gonna move, I'm gonna drop a car on him! I really like it when you can get a car for its intended purpose - you spawn in and there is no vehicle around, you request a car from the commander and it appears - sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X