Making Iron Gator more even

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Iron Gator more even

Alright, so many times I've played this map only to find it very hard for the mecsf to get onboard the carrier. I was thinking about how to make this slightly more even and here are my ideas:

-Give the mecsf artillery that reloads at half the rate of normal artillery (slower), this will help them actually get on board the carrier IMHO.
    -Give the ability to spawn as a parachute in (like in warlord), gaining access to the top floors of the deck.
    -Add another transport chopper or up the flares reload.

Now, there have been many instances where being mecsf land on the carrier rather quickly but it seems as of late it's damn hard to get aboard even with decent squad teamwork.

Suggestions, comments, flames?

Re: Making Iron Gator more even

Originally posted by [ht].ken
    Alright, so many times I've played this map only to find it very hard for the mecsf to get onboard the carrier. I was thinking about how to make this slightly more even and here are my ideas:

-Give the mecsf artillery that reloads at half the rate of normal artillery (slower), this will help them actually get on board the carrier IMHO.
    -Give the ability to spawn as a parachute in (like in warlord), gaining access to the top floors of the deck.
    -Add another transport chopper or up the flares reload.

Now, there have been many instances where being mecsf land on the carrier rather quickly but it seems as of late it's damn hard to get aboard even with decent squad teamwork.

Suggestions, comments, flames?
    The parachute spawn would probably make it too easy to get on. However, I like the idea of adding another transport chopper. That would probably work.

Comment

A organized squad of 5 can easily infiltrate the Iron Gator.

Transport Helo, Two gunners, and 2 AT's at the back. Unstoppable.

Comment

decent squad teamwork.
        Thats all thats really needed. Most of the attempts Ive made to get on the carrier, I actually get in fine.

The main issues I see a lot are:

1. Chopper pilots flying in too high, or in a straight line towards the carrier.

2. Horrible "team" tactics.

Flying in low and sweeping around to the back is one good way to get on the deck with your taints intact, and another tactic is to fly up very high and have everyone parachute in, much like your suggested Warlord air drop. Occasionally, boats work, but the most feasable thing to do is to get in from the top of the carrier.

Another thing that no one does is to create or join squads that make it to the carrier. I always hide in a room and create squads and tell people to join, and when guys start doing this, we take over quickly, much like an STD.

Comment

I want Grappling hooks to be in the IronGator, so MECSF can latch onto the sides of the carrier, its a pain in the *** going in the back way since its always covered with claymores, support and Anti-tankers. But yeah those are some good ideas, the parachute idea sounds best.

(Played with you on GreatWall ken, pretty good round most reviving I've done in a long time lol)

Comment

Grappling hooks on the Iron Gator map would be cool to see too, all the people latching on and the defenders having to stop the siege before the enemy climbs up and shoots them. I don't understand why they took them out.

Another transport chopper I would say is a good idea, the one chopper doesnt cut it and the boats are just fodder for anyone with a weapon. However I always find that once MEC get a foothold they can get quite a lot of the ship before the defence rallies...however it all depends how long it takes for the MEC to get on.

Comment

I really thing adding anything on the MEC side would make this map unbalanced. It just takes tactics and teamwork, which is EXACTLY what is said in the map briefing for the stage. Extra transport or other additions for MEC would result in its being more difficult for the SEALs to defend.

If you are on a server where people arent using teamwork, its best to find a different one. Even crappy players working as a team is better than no teamwork with a few good players doing their own thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                (Played with you on GreatWall ken, pretty good round most reviving I've done in a long time lol)
                Was that this morning? lol Good rounds, seemed like people were just grenade happy, then again, when aren't they

On topic:

I agree that once the mecsf get on the carrier it's easy to win (stay below deck (apache rapage) then work your way up. My point is the attempt to get ON the carrier. The rib's are about as worthless as poop on a stick and the jetski's are sometimes a death boat too. I think 1 more transport chopper or a faster rib, grapple hooks and a parachute spawn in and the map is almost even.

It's funny, and I bring this up now, when reading the premise of the map the mecsf are supposed to have all this great intelligence and are having the suprise attack on the Americans but uhhhh....they 9-10 times get stomped :laugh: .

Comment

This depends on what size map you start with too. Smaller map size gives the Mec spawn point on the ship (since in that model there is no land) but the mecs have an advantage. If they take mess or Fore Hanger, they have a good chance of securing the opposite and then on to engine room and hanger aft. Granted the first spawn points are the hardest to get and the ideas I've read here are also excellent and in use (regarding creating a spawn point squad leader and letting people and command know you are spawn point).

The big difference I've seen in the ability to take the ship has been chopper pilots. When the Essex AA gun is manned and the Seals have a great chopper pilot, it's rough to surmount. If the mec LAV can take out the AA gun and the Big chopper flys around back under land AA cover and you have a good pilot, it's not so bad.

Mec mistakes?
                  1:Landing transport on ship. A smart Seal team will not let that chopper go so you no longer have a busride from land.
                  2:Taking flags above decks and not below decks. The top deck flags are for the dead, not the winners.
                  3:Not knowing the layout of the decks and how to get from place to place.

US Mistakes?
                  1:Not capping the engineroom flag immediately
                  2:No one on deck goes supply. the AT guys need LOTS of supplies.
                  3:No one starts a boat crew to guard the back of the ship as well as shoot down the transport chopper. Not everyone is needed on the deck.
                  4:No security detail. Your danger points are the Mess Hall and the Hanger Bay Fore. A sniper in each area (with clays) is perfect for this. The hallways are easy hiding places for them too.

Comment

i say two or three apcs and 2 transport helos would even this out more.

Comment

Was that this morning? lol Good rounds, seemed like people were just grenade happy, then again, when aren't they
                      I think, different time zones, but it was pretty good, we were all on the same squad and were advancing along the top of the wall, claymore nation and nade spamage, and I did alot of reviving and healing. Revived you twice and healed you a few times .

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
                        Mec mistakes?
                        1:Landing transport on ship. A smart Seal team will not let that chopper go so you no longer have a busride from land.
                        2:Taking flags above decks and not below decks. The top deck flags are for the dead, not the winners.
                        3:Not knowing the layout of the decks and how to get from place to place.

US Mistakes?
                        1:Not capping the engineroom flag immediately
                        2:No one on deck goes supply. the AT guys need LOTS of supplies.
                        3:No one starts a boat crew to guard the back of the ship as well as shoot down the transport chopper. Not everyone is needed on the deck.
                        4:No security detail. Your danger points are the Mess Hall and the Hanger Bay Fore. A sniper in each area (with clays) is perfect for this. The hallways are easy hiding places for them too.

AGREED! On the 16 player map it's fun, quick and no need for landing on the deck since each side starts with 1 spawn and there is 1 neutral flag. Guess I should play this map more with my clanmates since our teamwork is top notch.

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                        think, different time zones, but it was pretty good, we were all on the same squad and were advancing along the top of the wall, claymore nation and nade spamage, and I did alot of reviving and healing. Revived you twice and healed you a few times
                        Yea I remember that, I'll try and pay more attention who's in my squad...next time say whats up .

Comment

Originally posted by //:Protocol
                          A organized squad of 5 can easily infiltrate the Iron Gator.

Transport Helo, Two gunners, and 2 AT's at the back. Unstoppable.
                          lmfao... unless you run into someone like me in the apache.

The game is about fighting over flags... not fighting over being able to START fighting over flags. Pretty stupid aspect of gator IMHO. Once the fighting starts on the ship... THAT is when the fun starts.

All you'd have to do is remove the attack helo's... and it would be perfectly balanced and beautiful.

Comment

I found two rather easy ways to get access to the carrier with the transport helo.
                            1. Go high and out of AA range. Once atop of the carrier parachute down to the outside flag near the AA.
                            2. Go low, and right. As you approach the carrier keep the helo under the deck, not visible for the AA. Aim for the hole in the side where the elevator is. There is just enough room for a standard Mi-17 Transport Helo in there.

Comment

When I play MEC I often spawn as AT and take out the Essex AA with 2 shots. If the Seals don't have a dedicated engi then it will stay down for quite a while.

Then I tell my team that the AA is down.

Now we just need a decent Hind Pilot/Gunner which occupies the enemy attack chopper.
                              Simultaneously the Transport Chopper can drop off a whole squad at the back of the ship (where the AA is located) which is often completely ungarded.
                              Somebody of the squad makes it under deck and goes squadleader.....

Well, so much for the theory....

Comment

Working...
                              X