Calling All Guys With Soundblasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling All Guys With Soundblasters

i have a creative soundblaster live! 24-bit sound card. i have alot of trouble getting it to work, mostly because the driver is a real mess and theres absolutely no client support from creative, we only get a forum witch allow us to help ourselves. well once i got it to work, then i get into bf2, audio option. i set quality on high,with software render, go ingame, the sound is pretty normal. i go back to option, but choose hardware render. go back ingame, THE SOUND IS FREAKING AMAZING, its like ur living it. but the only problem is some sound that are supposed to be loud , sounds enclosed and notloud, and the command voices are all screwed up. so i go back in option, and choose the creative render, but it gives me error saying that its not compatible with my hardware...wtf? i have a creative card, why wouldnt it be compatible with the creative render? did u guys have the same problem?

also, if u have the same card as me, how did u get ur card to work? cuz i install the driver, its detected, windows detects it, but it makes absolutely no sound.

Re: Calling All Guys With Soundblasters

Try doing a Windows Update and see if it pulls a WHQ driver. Uninstall the original driver and reinstall the SC driver without installing all the other creative crap too.

Comment

I have an Audigy SoundBlaster, its works extrememly well. I also have a 5 speaker Logitech system. No mic though, my clan is mad about that. First, check the settings, if you have to, turn it back down to two speaker support. Otherwise, erase all data and redownload/install the stuff.

Comment

The problem is your trying to use the hardware option on a card that doesn't have the hardware. The Live 24 but does not have the EMU10K1/2 processor on it that the earlier Lives (Value/4.1/5.1) and all Audigy's have (with the exception of the Audigy Value/LS/SE/DE).

So unless you plan on getting a new card, you're stuck in software mode.

Comment

Aren't the SBLive cards the $20 specials? Better than on board, don't get me wrong, but for a game like BF2 you'd really wanna use something that can utilize EAX / etc.. (sblive doesnt do eax does it?). I'm using an Audigy4 that was surpisingly cheap and one heck of a card.

Comment

The Live 24 bit does do EAX, it just does it in software.

Comment

Originally posted by gunitsoldier127

also, if u have the same card as me, how did u get ur card to work? cuz i install the driver, its detected, windows detects it, but it makes absolutely no sound.
              If you have an audigy 2 zs, you may have the exact same problem as i did.

It sounded amazing, but for some reason certain sounds were super quiet that were supposed to be loud, and command and comma rose stuff in game was messed up severely.

I believe this was because i didnt have the cd.

Comment

I used to have this problem with my older Audigy Value. You can fix it by putting down Hardware acceleration.

Go to Control Panel > Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices > Sounds and Audio Devices > Advanced (Under Speaker Settings) > Performance Tab.

Drag the Hardware Acceleration bar to Basic Acceleration and it should fix your problem.

EDIT: Btw, the option in the sound settings in BF2 for Creative Sound is only for the X-Fi series.

Comment

Audigy 2 ZS, reinstalled driver that came with the disc. Gave creative bits a miss. I didn't change a thing from default settings. If the disc is fauly, try their website for the full download install.
                  I use Creative Inspire 5.1 speakers, straight from the card and all applications that can use it have inner settings. EAX also.
                  There are settings on the speakers main, set to DIGITAL DIN and FOURPOINT/5.1 DIN. If they aren't set to that, there is no sound for me

Just outv curiousity..
                  ... have u plugged in the speaker input into the right point on the back of the soundcard??
                  .... and do your speakers have power.... / work at all. ..

Comment

yea, i ve got speakers that needs its own power. and yes they work, its 2.1 speakers, and thats what i chose in the options too.

Originally posted by kaheiyeh
                    I used to have this problem with my older Audigy Value. You can fix it by putting down Hardware acceleration.

Go to Control Panel > Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices > Sounds and Audio Devices > Advanced (Under Speaker Settings) > Performance Tab.

Drag the Hardware Acceleration bar to Basic Acceleration and it should fix your problem.

EDIT: Btw, the option in the sound settings in BF2 for Creative Sound is only for the X-Fi series.
                    thanx, ima try that.

Comment

Originally posted by kaheiyeh
                      You have an incomplete statement there. Here is the info straight from the SB site:
                      The reverb models used in Battlefield 2 are based on the EAX® ADVANCED HD™ standard. EAX ADVANCED HD is only supported on Sound Blaster X-Fi and the most recent Sound Blaster Audigy sound cards.
                      (NOTE - I added the boldness to the quote)

All of the Audigy2 line support EAX ADVANCED HD, as does the "Audigy 2 Value" and the "Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit".

Comment

Working...
                      X