Vehicle Drops, Tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Drops, Tanks?

Found nothing in my search of the board.

I could have sworn I've seen tanks being dropped? Is it
    MAP dependent, or a server side setting?

As a commander, I've only been able to drop light vehicles.

Thanks

Re: Vehicle Drops, Tanks?

No, *normally* you can only drop buggies and jeeps. If you want to drop tanks you'd have to modify some files.

BTW, is it only me, or when you drop a vehicle on the water, instead of a boat, it drops a car?

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
      BTW, is it only me, or when you drop a vehicle on the water, instead of a boat, it drops a car?
      Only on some maps can you drop boats. Otherwise you can only drop light vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Churrasco
        No, *normally* you can only drop buggies and jeeps. If you want to drop tanks you'd have to modify some files.

How do you choose whether to drop a jeep or a buggy in the commander screen?? It is dependent on the map?

It has been suggested I think for patch 1.4 that if you drop a vehicle over water it will automatically drop a boat. Makes sense.

Comment

Its totally map dependent, not a server side nor commander choice.

I like dropping vehicles near the shore as some poor soul who just bailed out of his boat is swimming up. Seen a few jeep explosions take out guys

Comment

Part is map dependant. For exapmle, in Karkand, USMC will drop HMMVWs, and MEC will drop Vodniks, but on USMC vs China, its buggies and jeeps. The only time Ive seen tanks being dropped is on mods.

Comment

Working...
            X