• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a game better than BF2

Re: I found a game better than BF2

Again...Ok....

Comment

Did anyone here ever play the original TFC (Team Fortress)? It was the precursor to games like BF2, it came with the original Half Life about 8 years ago. I think it was the first game to use different classes and have flag capping that you could play online. I remember the ENG could build & upgrade a turret to defend and the SPY class had caltrops that he could drop to slow down other players. Also the sniper had a giant red spot when he zoomed through the scope so you could tell when there were snipers gunning for you. I spent many, many hours playing that awesome game.

Comment

I have it...but it doesn't work anymore, there are no more servers.

Comment

:laugh: x10

Comment

Now that I am thinking about TFC I want to load it back up again! Actually I just read that they are releasing Team Fortress 2 with the next Half Life 2 expansion... only took 8 years between sequels! It looks cartoony though, I have to see more of the gameplay first-

Comment

Originally posted by Cazzy
              Did anyone here ever play the original TFC (Team Fortress)? It was the precursor to games like BF2, it came with the original Half Life about 8 years ago. I think it was the first game to use different classes and have flag capping that you could play online. I remember the ENG could build & upgrade a turret to defend and the SPY class had caltrops that he could drop to slow down other players. Also the sniper had a giant red spot when he zoomed through the scope so you could tell when there were snipers gunning for you. I spent many, many hours playing that awesome game.
              was that the game were you could play dead as an spy??
              i played it @ a friends house a longgggg tme ago. :P

Comment

Really has nothing to do with BF2...lol

--Moved to Media--

Comment

Originally posted by Galdigor
                  was that the game were you could play dead as an spy??
                  i played it @ a friends house a longgggg tme ago. :P
                  Yes it was! That was so sneaky! You would run by a dead spy and the he would jump up and knife you in the back.....grrrr. Eventually people just started dropping grenades on every dead spy they saw- Also the spy could disguise himself as a member of the other team, since there was a red & blue team it was easy to tell enemy or not. But a spy could look like any class on your team and again stab you when you turned your back on them. I guess the sniper/spy class has historically always been annoying!

Comment

Originally posted by Cazzy
                    Did anyone here ever play the original TFC (Team Fortress)?
                    Yeah, TFC was BRILLIANT. Half Life was the first game I ever played on-line, that was fun enough but I was totally addicted to TFC. I even set up a web site called the TFC Encyclopedia and got it hosted on Planetfortress. There's still a link to it on their main page but the site doesn't work anymore for some reason. I spent so damn long playing it. I remember too when they first nailed client prediction and suddenly it played much smoother. Great stuff. Chucking MIRV's onto the balcony on 2fort always got me a sniper or two :-)

Can't believe they've resurrected Team Fortress 2, I thought it was totally dead and buried. They've gone a little crazy with the look though, have you seen that screenshot of all the classes? Weird and cartoony. I don't blame them though, at least they're trying to stand out from the pack.

Comment

The whole game was crazy and weird to begin with..
                      Honestly, i dont think it was ment to be serious with all those classes and attributes. I am sure if they could have made it cartoony with the old HL engine, they would have.. The new engine finally will let them do what they had in mind with Team Fortress from the beginning..

Comment

lmao:laugh:

Comment

TF was the first game i ever played online and it was and stilll is the greatest fun, i really hope they do justice to TF2

Comment

The vid is funny as hell!!

Comment

must be a fake video, all are acted out one.

Comment

Working...
                              X