problem weth some maps looking worse than others grafix wise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem weth some maps looking worse than others grafix wise

i bought bf2 yesterday have ben playin about all day today and some reason on some maps like wake 2007 say it looks and runs GREAT on high/medium settings but when i join a map like kata something well just some of the big city maps the gameplay is for sure on pure low it looks HORRID like if i turn down graphix would they both meat half way like the good looking maps look slitely worse but bad looking maps look better?

my specs are a lil rough in the ram area.. but after louding its usually fine

intel pentium 4 3.2 ghz processor

geforce 6600-256 mb

ram is 512 mb

and thats about it that matters...

so like i was hoping that there is a fix so that i dont have to only play like certain maps cuz i cant stand to play it looking so dull

Re: problem weth some maps looking worse than others grafix wise

this is a high performance game....just specs dont even meat the standerds for med setting.

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{>BlackHawkPilot73
      this is a high performance game....just specs dont even meat the standerds for med setting.
      only ram doesent i thought.... but still what do u suggest? me bring down graphix?

oh and besides upgrading ram cuz i plan on doing that next time i get me enough moola im guna up it to a gig

Comment

if you want high setting you would need to upgrade your system..

2gigs of ram and 7600+ video card

Comment

Dude...you don't need a freaking 7600 gt...you can seriously run this game on high with a x1600 pro...

Comment

Originally posted by da mighty carrot
            Dude...you don't need a freaking 7600 gt...you can seriously run this game on high with a x1600 pro...
            EXACTLY! the game looks good but not THAT good ive seen it on pur high so i know im not to far off full high but MY QUESTION PLEASE!!!! some freinds on xfire have had the same problem is there any kind of fix weth settings? and it takes to long to loud for me to be expirementing to much (ive tried) i know why so dont go shoving it in my face that i got only 512 mb of ram

Comment

First of all a 6600 will NOT run this game on full high. Putting 512MB means you can't run it on high no matter what video card you have. Once you get up to a gig, it might let you set some stuff a bit higher. But don't go expecting to run high with 512mb RAM and a 6600...unless you play at 640x480

Comment

Originally posted by nerble
                EXACTLY! the game looks good but not THAT good ive seen it on pur high so i know im not to far off full high but MY QUESTION PLEASE!!!! some freinds on xfire have had the same problem is there any kind of fix weth settings? and it takes to long to loud for me to be expirementing to much (ive tried) i know why so dont go shoving it in my face that i got only 512 mb of ram
                I dont think anyone was shoving 512 in your face. It is a fact that you should have a gig to run smooth and let your textures load fast and not have to swap out every 2 sec. You can try deleting the cache file and redoing your shaders, that always seems to help alot of people. Worse case scenario, you can uninstall and reinstall. I cant tell you how many times I have done that, it always seems to help whenever there is something weird going on.

Comment

Originally posted by ibelcaniva
                  First of all a 6600 will NOT run this game on full high. Putting 512MB means you can't run it on high no matter what video card you have. Once you get up to a gig, it might let you set some stuff a bit higher. But don't go expecting to run high with 512mb RAM and a 6600...unless you play at 640x480
                  ACTUALLY i can run most maps on half high half medium so HAHA but i turnid down the resolution to 800 x 600 and it runs alot smoother and all the maps workj NOW but b4 when i tried 800 x 600 i thought things looked even worse than b4 but like i said I AM GETTING A EXTRA 512 MZB OF RAM SOON its the next thing i will but maybe after i get ram up ile proov you all wrong and show you that you DONT need a computer weth 2 gigs of ram a and a 300 doller graphix card to get bf2 to run on mostly high so :P haha

but thnx anyways.. i geuse.. but people really do overhype the specs you need and the graphix and stuff -_-

Comment

sorry guys i was wrong i ddnt fix it its just sometimes it doese it sometimes it dont and i found out that it doesent matter WHAT map itll just do it it on random maps.. i dono why...sometimes i try changing resolution to something else then back to what i ahd it has and sometimes itll work but i think its just me wanting to think its helping ..like clicking alot while sighning in it feels like its helping but i doubt it i think maybe its like my profile forgets my settings or something..... PLEASE HELP ME!

PS: do you recomend overclocking this card? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814139169

Comment

Gah...it's not that you can't run it on high...I mean running it high on a GOOD resolution like 1024x768 minimum...I wouldn't overclock unless you know EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Comment

Damn you run on with your sentences alot, but besides that your video card could be better, it'll only get you med- med/high with even the best setup. The ram will allow you to have better looking textures, and help the game from stammering and pausing. Basically what you need to do is buy a gig of ram to go with that 512, makes it 1.5 gigs, which is enough to but textures to high and keep everything else on medium at 1024x768. Alright?

Comment

yea i know i dont have a problem RUNNING the game i havea problem weth it forgetting my setting or something when i join a room.. its odd sometimes itll run on my setting i set up which is medium now... it runs completely smooth but sometimes about 50% chance the server forgets my settings and runs ALL low it may not be forgetting but i was hoping some1 could help me figure that out... has no1 had this problem b4? .. \

and like i said.. im saving up for a gig of ram... itll take about a month for me2 get so ile have to live weth 512 mb till then...

Comment

I have never heard of it "forgetting" your settings. And it shouldn't; they are saved to a file on your computer. Are you sure you are pressing "Apply" when you change your settings?

And please, try to use propper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. It makes what you're trying to say a whole lot easier to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{>BlackHawkPilot73
                              if you want high setting you would need to upgrade your system..

2gigs of ram and 7600+ video card
                              u dont need that much.
                              i have 1.5 gigs and a 6800XT and play on all high with no aa and silky smooth gameplay

Comment

Working...
                              X