Battlefield Center v0.1 alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Center v0.1 alpha

(Battlefield Center has been pulled to add more content and to work on some fixes.)

RELEASE PULLED BACK!

Don't Worry its VIRUS FREE! Im 100% serious

Please try it!!

Its still an early build, so its not perfect.

Readme:

-----------------------------------
    Battlefield Center- Readme V.1
    Copyright(C) 2006 Hayden G. Studios

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Agreement: This software is free and will remain free. However, THIS FILE MAY NOT BE
    DISTRIBUTED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! If you wish to place it on your website, or anywhere
    else, please contact me. Finally, please give credit where called for. Thank You!

Installation: Simply Run the SETUP.EXE File (Note: This software is 100%
    Virus Clean!) Follow simple installation instructions.

(Note: If this software somehow causes your computer probloms, or screws it up I am not responsible. The second after you complete the download of
    software it is your responsibility. I am quite certain this will not damage
    your PC.

Uninstallation: Simply run the uninstaller and follow instructions.

About the Software: Battlefield Center was created to solve the simple issue of trying to find files. With so many fans creating content its hard to find it all. Batllefield Center takes all of this content and puts it in one organized
    cabinet. Mods, Maps, Official Patches, AND MORE!

There is also a great community Prescence! We plan on having our own forum
    in the near future, but for now it links to outside forums. Clans can place their own banners in the banner area (bottom of app). Free advertising can't
    get any better!

FAQ:

Question: Wouldn't it be easier just to go to a BF2 Website)?

Answer: No, This is all on your desktop and you don't have to go through a bunch of different pages just to find a simple file.

Question: If its downloaded to my desktop do I have to redownload everytime there is a news update?

Answer: Heck No! There is a browser in the software (the main window). Whenever there is a news update I just modify the .html page.

Re: Battlefield Center!!! DOWNLOAD NOW!!

i don't really trust you when u say it's virus free

Comment

Yeah, just because you said virus free, I really doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayden-G

Question: Wouldn't it be easier just to go to a BF2 Website)?

Answer: No, This is all on your desktop and you don't have to go through a bunch of different pages just to find a simple file.

Question: If its downloaded to my desktop do I have to redownload everytime there is a news update?

Plus how many times did you mention it was Virus free? hmm that makes me suspicious (ok so i Maaaay be paranoid lol)
        Answer: Heck No! There is a browser in the software (the main window). Whenever there is a news update I just modify the .html page.
        I hate apps that link to a 3rd party website via built in browser, theres only so long a person can keep a webby up, then once that dies so does the app.
        As for the spyware? hmm i havent downloaded it but some ppl post here its full of it..., scr3w that then.

Comment

How the hell you bought text? virus free, 100% many times in the text, its like he has something to hide. btw that reminded me of stupid us. people buying everything they see on tv-shop

Comment

Originally posted by da mighty carrot
            This..thing..sucks..monkey..balls. Virus Free!?!?!? It installed about 2000 pieces of spyware onto my computer! You crazy son of a l3ich! I'll kill you!
            He didnt mention it was spyware free did he? lol

Comment

Originally posted by da mighty carrot
              This..thing..sucks..monkey..balls. Virus Free!?!?!? It installed about 2000 pieces of spyware onto my computer! You crazy son of a l3ich! I'll kill you!
              Hey dude, were you joking? I hope so anyway as I've download it and tried it. Anyway, assuming it's malware free and you have good intentions, my thoughts are...

In theory it's a good idea to have a file aggregator as it can be a pain to find out firstly what the popular mods are and secondly to find decent download locations.

However, as your first version has no content in it, there's no point releasing it to see what people think of it as it doesn't actually do anything. Plus, the media page links to a non-existant page that has popups - BAD idea.

So, if this is not spyware and it's a genuine attempt at an application then I suggest you cancel your release, pack in a load of content then re-release it. It's hard to judge an application when it doesn't actually do anything.

Comment

Yes i know it sucks now and doesn't have any content but im working on it. I never planned on releasing it this early, but to be honest i got anxious. Please just bear with me, im trying to get it working as quickly as possible.

As for the first reply about that said there was 200 things of spyware thats bs. I did numerous virus and spyware scans on this file. You probably already had that spyware on your computer!!!

I'm doing the best i can, im a ONE MAN TEAM. So its kinda hard and this is my FIRST application EVER.

Another reason why it doesn't have much content is cause im not gonna just take everyones stuff and put it up there. I'm only doing it with permision from owner.

Comment

Umm..no content? Yeah..

I'm gonna change the topic title a bit.

Comment

Yes i know it sucks now and doesn't have any content but im working on it. I never planned on releasing it this early, but to be honest i got anxious. Please just bear with me, im trying to get it working as quickly as possible.

As for the first reply about that said there was 200 things of spyware thats bs. I did numerous virus and spyware scans on this file. You probably already had that spyware on your computer!!!

I'm doing the best i can, im a ONE MAN TEAM. So its kinda hard and this is my FIRST application EVER.

Another reason why it doesn't have much content is cause im not gonna just take everyones stuff and put it up there. I'm only doing it with permision from owner.
                    Hey fella

I know how it is, you just want to release it to see what people think even though it's not really ready for the big bad world.

I don't see why you have to ask permission from anyone tho. Say you like a mod and you want to publicise it. Post a bit about it, maybe a screenshot and a link or two to download locations. As long as you're not direct-linking to files on their site then what kind of permission to you need to get?

The same goes for utilities. You don't need someone's permission to say that their utility is great and link to a download on Fileplanet or bf2files or whatever. The only situation where I would ask for permission is if you want to direct-link to a file on their site and most mods don't host their own files so what's the big deal?

I would be interested in using your app if it showed the top 10 rated / downloaded mods, third-party movies and utilities, a short description of each, and maybe a screenshot or two.

To be honest though, and I hate to say this as you may have spent a lot of time on this, if you set up a web site with this information it would be just as useful as the application, the app doesn't actually add any value, it's just a browser so why write a browser when everyones got one already?

Comment

hold on a second. Why would you need to check your own software for viruses or spyware?

second, scanning an .exe will not produce any results for spyware or viruses(unless the file its self is a virus) until its installed.

You probably shouldn't have mentioned that it was virus free (twice) in all honesty the only time I have seen someone do that is when there trying to get you to install something that's dodgy or does indeed have a virus in it.

And I would have to agree with Kurt's last comment why write what appears to just be a simple browser when you can just give a link to your website which can do everything this program can do and probably with a lot less hassle.

Comment

Working...
                      X