New Computer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer Question

I am upgrading to a new computer because it's 7 years old and the processor and video card are not up to specs. My question is do I have to copy any BF2 files from my old hard drive and copy them to my new hard drive? If so, what are they called? Or can I just reload the game with the CD's, install the patches, and use the same "CD Key".

I wasn't sure if I would get an error message similar to "this CD Key is already in use".

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Re: New Computer Question

Is taht hard drive running ok?

Why not just install a new clean hd into your new computer and when you get everything settled down, then plug the old drive with the BF2 contents and whatever into your new machine as a second hard drive.

My drives are due for a replacement and for me, they will go into the next build and everything either re-purchased (IF they fixed the game) or reinstalled as necessary. The old drives go into the parts bin after being wiped.

Comment

You have a 7 year old processor that can run BF2? Inconceivable!!

Comment

...:hmm:

I'm with him, don't belive it...

but either way it's probobly worth buying a whole new computer

Comment

u dont need to copy any files from ur old harddrive to ur new one. If you want to save your profile information (like ur old video settings..not ur rank and stats) u can copy the Profiles folder in
          C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\My Documents\Battlefield 2 directory and u can also copy ur screenshots folder if u want,

so after u reinstall and patch teh game, you wont need anything else.
          also, you wont get a "this cd key is already in use" (or most likely not) since ive been able to install this game on another comp fine

Comment

Working...
          X