BF 2142 Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF 2142 Specs

Not sure wheather to put this in General Gaming, but anyway what do you think the minimum specs will be? or the reconmended?

From looking at the screenshots (I know some of them are probly not 100% legit) it seems like it may need a pretty good Computer to run on. Games are starting to go up higher, Prey's rec specs for gfx card was a GF 6800/X800.

Re: BF 2142 Specs

it will be the same as BF2, and may even run better since they know the engine better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercenary
      it will be the same as BF2, and may even run better since they know the engine better.
      Yea like Special Forces....
      lol

Comment

The specs will probably go up and im hoping to buy a new new graphics card and 1gb memery by the time it comes out in october.

Comment

Special forces is simply a BF2 mini-mod.

BF2142 is supposed to be an entirely new game based off the same engine.

So, my take is that it will be about as demanding as BF2 iand maybe slightly more so.

Comment

They're aiming for the same mininum specs as BF2. My computer is just on the edge of mininum spec. I can't get another computer for a long time (And it's impossible to upgrade my graphics card) so I'm banking on this.

I run BF2 medium-low.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
              Not sure wheather to put this in General Gaming, but anyway what do you think the minimum specs will be? or the reconmended?

From looking at the screenshots (I know some of them are probly not 100% legit) it seems like it may need a pretty good Computer to run on. Games are starting to go up higher, Prey's rec specs for gfx card was a GF 6800/X800.
              Same engine as BF2 but slightly enhanced or call it even better. So running BF2142 wouldn't be a problem, if you run BF2 on a avarage to good level.

Comment

Hopefully it will run better since bf2 is the least optimized POS i have ever seen for a computer game.

Comment

To be honest, the days of AGP are over.

Everyone really needs to get a decent Motherboard (ASUS,ABIT [DFI sucks now]) and upgrade to PCI-E to get some SLi action going. It's alot better now too, because now you don't have to have the EXACT card in your 2nd PCI-e slot, and I'm almost positive that BF2142 will fully support SLi, Call of Duty 2 does and man, that game runs sweeet.

I myself am still using 8x AGP (a GeForce 6200 btw, it sucks), but my buddy has SLi and whenever I go to his place for a few days I'm on BF2 running max, with 4x AA and it's sick!

On a side note: does anyone know if BF2142 is going to be using HDR and/or Bloom?

Originally posted by evilzucchini
                  Special forces is simply a BF2 mini-mod.

BF2142 is supposed to be an entirely new game based off the same engine.

So, my take is that it will be about as demanding as BF2 iand maybe slightly more so.

Is it just me or does Special Forces seem to require more than VBF2?

SF runs like *** on my PC compared to BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercenary
                    it will be the same as BF2, and may even run better ..........""""since they know the engine better"""".
                    BWAAAHAAHAAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAA

...HAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA

HAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA

Comment

Wrong forum really.

It makes more sense to go to the totalbf2142 forum and ask there instead.

Comment

from the videos ive seen, it feels like a lot more is happening in that game, so u can expect higher spec requirements . special forces had a spec requirement jump.

Comment

Specs will be higher. It is epected that the recommended ram this time around will be 1 gig like BF2. It will not run "better", that is for sure. If you guys would take a look at the totalbf2142 forums, we discussed this issue 5 days ago, and agree that they have "remade" the engine, so they took their engine, and maxed it out, its the same engine, but its going to run alot differently than BF2. For one, explosions/effects have been made much, much better, and will put more pressure on your graphics card. Also, the titan is confirmed to be basically...a larger version of the building at Warlord, so if you can't run that...don't go onto the titan.

Comment

Working...
                          X