Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot play this game.

hi guy..
    i purchased my copy of bf2 about a year ago and played it without any problem for a month or so(no patches back then).this week i decided to start playing again and guess what - this game is so full of bugs that i don't understand what they charged money for it.

here how it goes:
    i installed bf2 on a fresh windows 3 days ago and applied the 1.3 patch(full) until that point all went smooth. but then when i first tried to join a game i encountered those problem:
    1.unbelievably long loading time and vcd followed by CRAZY lag/choppiness for about a minute into the game (all in all it takes me about 5-7 minutes to start playing a round normally)
    2. connection problem screen about every 30 seconds on every server (solved by disabling voIP in options)
    3.ctd or every 3-10 minutes of playing (i tried to solve that by manually updating punkbuster which led me to my final problem - now every time i get to the kit selection screen i can't move my mouse.)

notes:the game's running silk smooth frames-wise on maxed settings.
    i can play any other game online without any problem and i have not experienced such long loading time in any other game.

system specs:
    x1800gto 256 gddr3 ram
    2x512 ddr2 memory running at 533
    p4 @3.0ghz
    120g sata hdd
    onboard soundcard ac97
    broadband 1.5md/s connection

Re: cannot play this game.

i can understand ur frustration my freind.

but since you last played (v1.0) there have been lots of extra unlocks ect (uses more ram)

i would recomend you get 1.5-2gb of ram 2gb best this will help you loading times a bit.

also try turning youre gfx down a bit this might help with the long loading times you have at the moment.

personaly i have never updated pb manually myself.

hope this helps a bit.

Comment

Working...
    X