commander piont system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commander piont system?

ok, i have heard that the commander gets a percentage of the total teams score, or average im not to sure.

After playing a good round on wake, being a good commander, scoring a total of 27 pionts before the double. then in the score board not only did teh score double it had an extra 5-8 pionts added to it. why is this so, does the commander actually get pionts for capping bases and such things(not kills).

i have looked through most of the forum and couldnt find a similair thread and explination of the above.

Re: commander piont system?

Funny that because there has to be easily over 50 threads that talk about Commander points but only the last 10 or so end with the actual answer.

Correct, the commander can not get points for any direct ations (kills, caps).

Your final score is kindof the average of your teams score but it depends on things like how many players are alive at any one stage and it countds people who played for part of the round but aren't present at the end of the game. This makes it impossible to work out why a commander got a certain score based just on the final scores at the end of the round.

A more exact description can be found here :

Comment

It's a bit weird when it doubles the points too - I've had my commander score doubled for a round win, and yet still finished up (after the 2x bonus) with an odd number of points! If they've multiplied by 2, how is that possible?? It should always be an even number after you double the points, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
        It's a bit weird when it doubles the points too - I've had my commander score doubled for a round win, and yet still finished up (after the 2x bonus) with an odd number of points! If they've multiplied by 2, how is that possible?? It should always be an even number after you double the points, surely?
        It's done on a continuous system which involves decimal points. If you are half way to the next point when the round ends (e.g. 24.5) you'll get an odd number of points (49) overall.

Comment

Ah..... I didn't realise it counted half points too... I thought it truncated the score before the x2 bonus... Thanks, I've been wondering about that for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by DuffMan
            It's done on a continuous system which involves decimal points. If you are half way to the next point when the round ends (e.g. 24.5) you'll get an odd number of points (49) overall.
            well yes ok maybe but as i said in my original post that after 27 pionts before double(would then be 54 doubled) but i ended up getting 5-8 more pionts on top of 54, was around 60 or so that it showed on the scoreboard and unless i managed to get an extra 3 pionts in the very last second i dont see how this works, your theory of half pionts may be true but is not the case here.... also i did not know that you could search keywords in thread titles so thanks for the 50 other commander threads.

quick edit here-upon reading the second link that ptegan posted here i get the understanding of the score doesnt actually double, and that commander does get pionts for kills and such but only if that team wins... well anyway im sorta confused and would like help from someone whos not making things up or just voicing their opinion. thanks again for all teh help so far. cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sideways
              also i did not know that you could search keywords in thread titles so thanks for the 50 other commander threads.
              It's probably the only search feature on this board that works 100%.

Comment

Yes, you get a percentage of points in proportion to the number of kills/caps/revives...etc that your team has.

Comment

Originally posted by da mighty carrot
                  Yes, you get a percentage of points in proportion to the number of kills/caps/revives...etc that your team has.
                  yes ok i know you get percent of what ur team gets but ull find that i have said that i have been getting extra pionts, and i believe that it may be because you AS COMMANDER can get percent of YOUR KILLS/CAPS etc(NOT TEAM). i say this because in whatever his name(tpregan maybe) second link he posted it outlined everything you would need to know as commander, out of this guide i am under the impression that the above is true (you AS COMMANDER can get percent of YOUR KILLS/CAPS etc(NOT TEAM)).

please read the whole thread and try to understand this, i got 5-8 extra pionts at the end of the round. which itself is great but very odd, where the 5 pionts come from???

Comment

I'd suggest that you go and test it. Create a singleplayer game and play for the entire match as commander and work out your score at the end.

The try it again but this time go killing and capping and see if it makes a difference.

Trying this online is pointless unless it's in a LAN with others who are testing the commander points system.

Comment

From the link:

"As you know, only Commanders get 2x bonus if his team wins. However, it's not actually a 2x bonus but it's good enough to describe it generally. In truth, the game doesn't actually double your score, but actually adds the commander points you earned to your total score. The significant effect of this rule is

-Even if somehow, such as teamkill, you lose points, the bonus will still account for that point"

Say you got 10 commander points for the round. However, right before the end of the round you dropped an arty that TKed someone. So you lose 4 points. The round ends and you have a score of 6 (and your team wins). However, when it doubles, it does NOT take into account the fact that you TKed someone. That 10 points is doubled, so you get 10 points added to your score, not 6. So you would end up with 16 points, not 12. This explains where you got your extra points.

Just like when they are calculating your commander score, points lost DO NOT count against you.

Comment

This, again?

The search button is your friend, use it.

Comment

Working...
                        X