Jet insta turn. Exploitable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet insta turn. Exploitable?

If you fly into a palm tree, antenna or any similiar structure and clip a certain part of the wing, you can initiate an insta turn which causes your jet to spin on its wing around the object that you hit. I've only done it a few times on accident but I am convinced that it can be done reliably with some practice. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Re: Jet insta turn. Exploitable?

That's interesting, though i've never done it or seen it before. I wouldn't try it even if it were possible, it'd be a hazardous trick to master and I hate waiting around for jets.

Comment

i've done it before - it's very difficult to recreate and therefore does not seem to be exploitable to a big degree.

Comment

Kind of like when you slam into the side of the carrier and you flip upside down and survive? LOL yeah that has happened to me 2 times so far. Once wa on purpose, the other time I was messing around and I accidentally hit the carrier.

Comment

Yep happened several times to me.

Comment

Its pretty funny. But it cuts a lot of your speed out and you could easily crash. So I deem it non-expolitable.

Comment

You couldn't exploit it really but that doesn't make it any less hillarious when it happens.

As far as I can recall this has only happened to me once, but it was particularly strange. This was on Dragon Valley.. I was in a J-10 diving down at an Essex gun that was firing at me. Well I miscalculated by a bit and by the time I reached the Essex gun it was still alive (though probably only had a bar or two left). I tried to pull away but I was close enough that my wingtip slammed in to the gun which destroyed it. But then the strangest thing happened and my J-10 began what I can only describe as circling strafing over the carrier deck. I made 2 very tight and slow rotations over the carrier deck and then picked up forward momentum again and managed to fly away damaged but otherwise alive.

I knew whatever I did looked extremely odd because just as I starting flying away all the U.S. team sitting on the carrier started typing out... WTF! LOL! HACKER! ect..

Comment

It indeed is hilarious when it happens. I've witnessed this happen to a MEC bomber on Oman once as he did 360's around a palm tree and evaded an F35. Each time that it has happened to me I've noted that it was my wing that collided with something which caused me to initiate the spin. Although it seems as though it is something rare and random, I think the bug can be reproduced. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to test it? I've also had this happen to me after ramming choppers. In fact, I killed a chopper crew one time when I clipped their rotors with my wing. I was left smoking in the red but I still managed to get away. Perhaps it's something to do with the amount of damage that the wings can take? All the other occasions when it happened to me left me with half health or less.

Comment

GLHF doing it consistantly, and I doubt it's worth the time and effort learning how.

Comment

Definately a lag issue so I don't think it can be reproduced on a regular basis.
                    Have you ever been able to pull this off in a local game, or in SP?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
                      Definately a lag issue so I don't think it can be reproduced on a regular basis.
                      Have you ever been able to pull this off in a local game, or in SP?
                      Nope, I've never had lag while this has happened to me. I've never tried doing it in a local game but I will get around to doing it someday. It would be interesting to get this working in an actual game as it can be used to evade pilots more effectively.

Comment

I'm not necessarily talking about lag on your side...
                        could be server-sided, could be a small bottleneck somewhere on your or the server's packets. It could even be the server's CPU, or anything else you can think of...
                        How can you say that you never had lag?? Of course you had. You are talking about the internet right? Even if BF2 displays a ping of 20 constantly to you packets still get lost all the time.
                        Remember, most packets are sent via tcp and not udp in BF2. tcp is fast, but packet loss is very likely.
                        Of course there are a LOT more factors that describe lag, but I'm not going to go into this now

Comment

hell yeah, i've done a 540 degree spin off the radio tower at main entrance in Dalian plant..

Comment

Originally posted by Calibre
                            hell yeah, i've done a 540 degree spin off the radio tower at main entrance in Dalian plant..
                            Yeah, I've done it a few times myself but I can see absolutely no way to do it reliably enough to start using it an an exploit thanks goodness.

Comment

its not exploitable and it doesnt benefit anyone rofl

you might be able to do it a few times, but alot of the time it will simply blow up your plane or put your damage in the red, if you surive you will either spin off into an object or the ground or luckily manage to get it flying again.

Comment

Working...
                              X