Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who develops the patches?

Originally posted by Mercenary
    yeah DICE made RallySport challenge for XBox, that game is very good!

Also, nintendo is making the most profit here. What people dion't realize is nintendo is the most greedy bastards in the gaming buisness. The wii is just a damn gimmick, nintendo fanboys will buy it no matter what, nintendo is fooling people buy acting like they're so inovative and graphics dont matter. The real reason is because they don't want to make a console that costs alot to make for them, but they want to make a cheap console that will seel for more than it's worth. So even though they will not get 100 million people buying it like SOny has peop;le buying the PS2, they will actually make profit from every console sold. Those greedy bastards....

Sony is selling there PS3 for a huge amount, if the games are also high it will fail. But that's very unlikely. What'll prolly happen is that they will still come out #1. They have way too many fans(inlcuding me) anbd way too many fantastic franchises.
    People still play Counter-Strike 1.6. And you're saying that graphics matter. It's the game play that will make you replay the game many many times. As for the greedy bastards that sounds kind of harsh. Microsoft and Sony are a lot more greedy then Nintentdo. Just because Nintendo didn't spend millions of dollars on development of a new CPU and high priced video card doesn't make them greedy. They want to deliver some thing that is affordable and doesn't cost $400-$600 dollars. Plus that controller seems interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by face-smasher
      People still play Counter-Strike 1.6. And you're saying that graphics matter. It's the game play that will make you replay the game many many times. As for the greedy bastards that sounds kind of harsh. Microsoft and Sony are a lot more greedy then Nintentdo. Just because Nintendo didn't spend millions of dollars on development of a new CPU and high priced video card doesn't make them greedy. They want to deliver some thing that is affordable and doesn't cost $400-$600 dollars. Plus that controller seems interesting.
      OMG!!! you wrote the exact thing I wrote, but I deleted it out because I did not want to speak my mind! But since you said it...Ya, graphics do not trump a good game.

And when it comes to greed...well, everyone want to make a profit and we all need to learn that is part of the game. How much profit and what we should expect to get as a community is a different story and can be debated at length...till it gets locked.

Comment

LONG POST PLZ SKIP K THNX

i also read alot of accounts from post-EA employees. there was this whole issue of wage-level employees not being paid overtime or something, incredible stress put upon everyone, creativity cut in order to sell. lets not mention the MADDEN series, which new versions are released every year, where the biggest changes are updated rosters :P. in the end though you really cant blame them. they are out to make a buck, most of what they do is legal (if not ethical) and we as consumers still buy their products encouraging this. i for one love certain publishers that give much more freedom to their developers. creativity is what started and advanced the early videogame movement, sad to see stagnation like this. i think the only hope for indie devs are in-place distrabution systems. STEAM for one, is a great model for getting the word out in the PC community. the XBOX live system has wild potential for encouraging indie console games (but microsoft might be a little hesitant to that) but its definitly very very hard for a couple of guys in a garage to get a game on store shelves (although vivendi did a great job getting DOD, and CS into play).

as for the whole wii issuelaystation has officially alienated me with their arrogance and distance with the community. a new final fantasy and metal gear solid wont do it for me to buy their 600$ overhyped computer. Considering playstation top brass has admitted most of their games could be run on XBOX 360 equivalent hardware, xbox live will trump any online service sony offers, and that Blu-ray isnt enough of a driving force to buy (stupid format wars), PS3 is gonna appeal only to techo-philes (not to mention that whole possible 10% yeild sony's cell production will probably have...8 processors in 1, too bad all 8 have to be defect free on the same wafer, thats gonna be damn hard). i was a ps1&2 fanboy, but ps3=meh. xbox360 is ok, pc does it for me though. Wii is the only console that really sets it self apart from pc and consoles. plus, its gonna be tons cheaper (250 or less for the system, 40 or less for the games!) and will be great for playing with friends (only reason i see to getting a console in the first place). all in all, my votes for wii.

Comment

Restart comp go into a different server, still private bug, exit log in, connect to another server, crash to desktop.
          I get the crash to desktop regularly. Usually it just before the "join now" button appears after the map loads, bam, looking at my desktop. Or sometimes it waits till after the "join now" appears, but as soon as I move my mouse to click it, bam, desktop.

What bugs me is when I'm playing and I have to release a key before I can press another, or nothing will happen. The last game I bought that did that was back in like 96/97. Thought forsure that was completely gone. Still havn't figured why you can't run and shoot at the same time, but that's not what I'm refering to.

More like holding duck and strafe and it won't let me shoot until I let one up, along that line.

I should no doubt know this but someone clarify it. Bassically im wondering how incompetent an company can get, I mean the simple task of employing staff who have a clue on how to create the patches without messing up, but whats worse is that they take months to make a new patch, but they can't even test it through to its fullest, to make sure that theres no issues.
          I see this allot when a game mfg is working on expansions for their game instead of correcting issues with the original. One of the many reasons I don't support expansions. Doom3 and HL2 are some that pop into my head off hand.

Later

Comment

I thought that the 1.3 was made by a monkeys for a scientific experiment

Comment

Working...
            X