The Vehicle Dropping Planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vehicle Dropping Planes

i wish in 1.4 u can see the big plane that drops of the vehicles. that wood be so awsum:laugh:

Re: The Vehicle Dropping Planes

Yeah some huge antonov-jet or something like that...
    Good idea: they did it with the uav.. why not the vehicle jet?

Comment

exactly plus. when it flys above it sounds like the thunderbolt II how the ground vibrats n everything

Comment

It would be a nice graphical touch to have a C130 that comes in when you place a drop. Maybe include a new bar that empties/recharges each time you preform a drop and no other drop (supply/vehicle) can be preformed until it's full. The C130 would have health and if it's shot down, you have to wait longer for the bar to recharge.

Then add in troop drops. When a troop drop is called, an additional spawn point with limiten slots (I'm thinking 6) is created on-board the C130. There would be a delay before the drop is "live" (allowing dead players to select the drop spawn). Then the C130 comes in. When it's over the drop zone, everyone on-board is automaticly tossed out.

Would be cool... but I doubt we'll see that kind of radical implementation this late in the game.
        Mod makes take note tho!

Comment

or a map when all usmc guys come oer a place in a C130 and ordered ti drop out and mec have all the spawn points in the city. and the C130 drops vehicles, supplies for USMC. hawt man hawwwwwwwwwt

Comment

there should also be a vehicle-drop asset that can be destroyed....

i would love some sort of vehicle transport aircraft, that you can drive out the back of, and a lil chute deploys.....would be perfect for those buggies....and damnit i want a dirtbike in BF2....would be awesome to do a wheelie out of the back of a plane in a dirtbike

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
              It would be a nice graphical touch to have a C130 that comes in when you place a drop. Maybe include a new bar that empties/recharges each time you preform a drop and no other drop (supply/vehicle) can be preformed until it's full. The C130 would have health and if it's shot down, you have to wait longer for the bar to recharge.

Then add in troop drops. When a troop drop is called, an additional spawn point with limiten slots (I'm thinking 6) is created on-board the C130. There would be a delay before the drop is "live" (allowing dead players to select the drop spawn). Then the C130 comes in. When it's over the drop zone, everyone on-board is automaticly tossed out.

Would be cool... but I doubt we'll see that kind of radical implementation this late in the game.
              Mod makes take note tho!
              i would love it to be implemented in bf2, but theyll probably just put somethin like it in 2142 so we all have to pay again

Comment

what was neat was in DC_F1.1 when we had a kc-10 refuler used to rearm and refuel the jet.

(click to enlarge-totalbf2 forums makes this pic look like crap)

Comment

^ Keeeeeewwwwwl!!!!!!!

Comment

ya, a c-130 would be a nice addition to bf2... another good target to shoot 6 guys out of the sky instantly...

Comment

Yeah..it would be great, but I think we're forgetting someone here: the people with low-end rigs. My friend has one..if this was implemented..his already bad lag at low settings would send him straight into a CTD. As for me, I'm all into this idea...it sounds great and is more realistic than a random car/box dropping out of space.

Comment

what was neat was in DC_F1.1 when we had a kc-10 refuler used to rearm and refuel the jet
                        wow was is destroyable ??

Comment

or do it like DC1.xxx, not as a refueling craft, but the good ol' "Puff The Magic Dragon".... Guys could spawn on it (same as Iraqi transport helo), and either man a gun (4 I think?), or parachute out and get in the actoin...

Comment

Working...
                          X